Waveform 8 - Chords Track Function?

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am currently taking a little vacation from Reaper, Logic Pro and Cakewalk and have decided to delve into Waveform 8. I've been digging into tutorial videos as well as the manual and have been more fully exploring this version (last having played with Tracktion 6). My apologies if I am somehow missing something that should be obvious, but I can't seem to figure out what the "Chords" track/lane is up towards the top, under the Marker track.

I know Waveform 9 has a Chords track that seems to work with the pattern generators in a different way, but apparently Waveform 8 doesn't seem to have this functionality. I cannot find any mention of this "Chords" track in the Waveform 8 manual or in any videos. If I right click on this track I get a context menu that offers simple create track functions and "expand/shrink" options, but expand only slightly increases it's height. I don't seem to be able to add anything to it and it certainly doesn't seem to reflect the chords that are being employed by any MIDI pattern generators I create.

Does anyone know what this track does or how to use it in Waveform 8 and if there is some reference to it in the manual?

Thanks in advance!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

No idea. I've got version 8.2.7, released last year on November 28th. I can't find a way to get 8.3.0 and had no idea there had been a version built in July this year. I can't find the chords track in your picture in 8.2.7.
Last edited by jabe on Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

This install was on my laptop. I just cleanly installed 8 on my desktop and, sure enough, that Chords track is not present and the version is 8.2.7. Not sure how I got 8.3.0 but I originally installed Waveform 8 quite some time ago and didn't really start using it. Perhaps at some point I had a trial of 8 and possibly 9, not sure if that could have influenced any sort of update mixup. In any case, I guess that it doesn't matter since the Chords track doesn't work. Not sure if there is any other benefit to this 8.3.0 version.

lol. There are a few times I've searched for the exact text or name of some button or other gui element in the manual and found no mention of it.
"Hell is other People" J.P.Sartre

Return to “Tracktion”