Feature request — inserting warp markers

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Not that this is particularly difficult, but when I use them I am almost always time correcting one hit among many. This requires placing three markers with two anchoring the rest of the audio.

A quick way to enter all three (one at the previous transient, one at the subsequent transient) would speed the process. Perhaps a key modifier, or when the mouse is below the centerline.

Or even a command to insert markers at all transients.

If these abilities already exist, LMK.

If you are using Waveform-10 then groovedoctor is capable of inserting markers at all transients,

Deleted. Double post.
Last edited by jonljacobi on Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ah, that's doable and nicely adjustable, though just a tad convoluted for instant editing. Thanks!

Hmm, I don't really want to split the audio and consolidate. I stand by my original request. I'm kind of surprised that didn't implement a slightly simpler Groove Doctor kind of functionality with the inline editing. Live makes it much easier, and Logic would except it's so hard to read the tiny tick marks on the ruler.

You don't have to split and consolidate, there's an option to use time stretching in the first step of the Groove Doctor process. This will insert warp markers in the clip itself.

Ah, yes. I guess what I didn't realize was that you have to keep Groove Doctor open to edit the transient marker placement. That's very doable, so that's another box to tick as I think about switching.

The other thing the threw me off was that the steps not in use were grayed out and when I made another selection, the wizard didn't retreat to step one. Normally, grayed out means an item is not selectable. I finally clicked on one and the whole process became clear. Waveform generally follows the OS design guide so I wasn't expecting that.

Return to “Tracktion”