Navigation (Scrolling) Question About Groove Doctor

Discussion about: tracktion.com
eagle-patriot
KVRer
27 posts since 22 Nov, 2014

Post Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:48 am

Hello,

In the Groove Doctor tutorial video, it shows the user zoomed way in jumping from one transient marker to the next as he fine tunes their positions. Is there a command/keyboard shortcut to scroll in that way, or was that just the magic of editing? I've been using Tracktion since about T5 if I remember correctly, and I am still adapting to unfamiliar navigation controls. Partly my fault for not just digging in and memorizing the idioms, but also due to my rather infantile insistence that it should come naturally with little or no effort.
[Waveform 10.2.1 on Mac Mojave 10.14.5]
Art is dangerous. It is one of the attractions: when it ceases to be dangerous, you don't want it. - Duke Ellington

fde101
KVRist
130 posts since 16 Mar, 2017

Re: Navigation (Scrolling) Question About Groove Doctor

Post Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:19 am

eagle-patriot
KVRer
27 posts since 22 Nov, 2014

Post Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:07 pm

Thank you fde101, but I wasn't asking for a list of all short-cuts. Waveform helpfully provides a categorized list right in the settings. Furthermore the list you provided does not include a shortcut to the appropriate command since it is unassigned by default.

For anyone else curious, I did finally answer my own question. Yes there is a command called "Scroll to next transient" to navigate as was demonstrated in the video. As of now, it is unassigned by default and listed along with its partner "Scroll to previous transient" at the bottom of the list of navigation shortcuts in the settings. I've assigned the pair of commands to [option + ,] and [option + .], which seems to work well for me.

I haven't gone deep on the Groove Doctor yet, but I'm excited to be able to extract a tempo map from an existing track to get away from mechanistic quantization of parts generated via step clip or other non-performance-related methods.
[Waveform 10.2.1 on Mac Mojave 10.14.5]
Art is dangerous. It is one of the attractions: when it ceases to be dangerous, you don't want it. - Duke Ellington

fde101
KVRist
130 posts since 16 Mar, 2017

Post Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:29 am

Sorry, I must have misread and thought you were looking for shortcuts to control zooming.

Return to “Tracktion”