anyone have tips for using the Edit Clips feature?

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just bought 10 the other day, and I’m loving the feature set so far, but I’m having some trouble with using Edit Clips to help arrange my song. I have a couple of Edits, and created one specifically to handle arrangement duties; after I dragged the other Edits into the track of my arrangement Edit, it plays them back at a higher pitch than they were recorded in the original Edits (about a half step higher).

I’ve tried messing around with the Edit Clip properties in my arrangement Edit, but nothing really looks wrong, and none of the changes I’ve tried have worked. I’m hoping it’s a setting somewhere I’m missing and not a bug—I really like the concept behind it, and it should be a pretty solid arranging tool if I can get it working properly.

anyone have an idea what might be going on, or have any other tips for working with Edit Clips?

Do your source Edit's have a different key set than the one you've added the Edit Clips to?
If so, they'll be pitch-shifted to match.

dRowAudio wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:35 pm Do your source Edit's have a different key set than the one you've added the Edit Clips to?
If so, they'll be pitch-shifted to match.
thanks—I haven’t touched the key...they’re both in C major, so that doesn’t seem to be it. :(

okay, so I (think) I’ve figured out a solution...

in the arrangement Edit, I had to click on the Loop Properties, set a root note of C, then turn off Auto-Pitch in order to get the Stretch type to set to No Time-Stretching.

it’s weird behavior, IMO—I don’t see why anyone would want a clip’s pitch to be any different than how they recorded it by default (makes sense to have it as an option, though). I’d think in most use cases the user would want stretching off by default.

I hope they change that as the default behavior, but at least it’s working now. :)

Return to “Tracktion”