FR: Manual MIDI offset time per track

Discussion about: tracktion.com
vitocorleone123
KVRist
290 posts since 30 Jun, 2014 from Pacific NW

Post Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:27 am

I've started playing around with orchestral Konakt instruments. Many have a specific offset time they've incorporated to enhance realism. Some use 80ms, others 250ms, or anywhere in between. While I see images of other DAWs having the ability to adjust this per track, I've not been able to find such a thing in Waveform. The closest thing I've found is to set it for the MIDI controller, but then this applies the offset to every track that controller is used for unless you, again, manually adjust it whenever using it for another track.

I'm going to try experimenting with Voxengo Latency Delay, except that that adds 1000ms by default. Perhaps if I apply that to every track and then adjust from there per track I can get it to work? :help:

vitocorleone123
KVRist
290 posts since 30 Jun, 2014 from Pacific NW

Re: FR: Manual MIDI offset time per track

Post Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:51 am

For playback, Voxengo Latency Delay seems to work - to a point. It maxes at 99.99.99 ms, which isn't enough for some libraries. Recording or live playing with it is intolerable, of course due to the 1s delay.

This seems like such a simple thing to add to track properties, or to a waveform plugin if not that (that goes beyond 100ms). But that'll come down to the architecture.

Return to “Tracktion”