MIDI Clips not saved with Project Files?

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Steve Bolivar
KVRian
546 posts since 25 Aug, 2006

Post Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:39 am

Is there a way for MIDI clips to show up in the Project Files folder in the side panel browser the same way audio files do?
Say for instance I make a MIDI clip and I want to use it again later in the song. Right now all I know to do is go back to where it is earlier in the song and either copy/drag or copy/paste it to the new location and instead of dragging it in from the side panel browser.
Thanks for any help on this.

anbz
KVRist
100 posts since 23 Jan, 2014

Re: MIDI Clips not saved with Project Files?

Post Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:12 pm

Up! Interested too !

Stuttaton
KVRist
407 posts since 24 Jan, 2004 from Sweden

Post Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:51 am

You can save midi clips as presets. Then they're available in all projects. By tagging them intelligently, you can make the ones you're interested in show up.
I have done this with my drum patterns.

Steve Bolivar
KVRian
546 posts since 25 Aug, 2006

Post Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:40 am

That kinda helps but also a bit of a hassle to manually create preset for every MIDI clip instead of them automatically showing up in the Project files sidebar browser.

The creating presets function is really good for building a library of MIDI clips for future use. I'll be using that. Thanks.

chico.co.uk
KVRAF
2317 posts since 17 Jun, 2003

Post Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:50 am

This would likely involve a redesign of how Waveform works.
Unlike audio clips, midi clips are not saved as separate files, unless you export them. They're part of the edit file itself (you can see them, if you open a tracktionedit file in notepad, or similar)
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

Return to “Tracktion”