Edit suddenly stopped working / loading!!

Discussion about: tracktion.com
dogbiscuit
KVRist
47 posts since 20 Jun, 2007 from UK

Post Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:54 pm

Hi folks, I really hope someone can help!

I was working on my song when suddenly it crashed ( I was just moving midi clips around). When I reloaded Waveform I opted for 'open temporary' but then no sound would play. I shut it down and opened again and the same thing. So I closed it and rebooted my PC and now it no longer displays any record of my project (all previous ones are still there).

I've tried 'open project' but it says it can't be loaded. I've tried dragging and dropping and that doesn't work. I've tried renaming the project folder (.old) and creating a new one with the same name and copying all the contents of the old folder and the best I can achieve is that it opens but can't locate any of the audio files. I've tried 'import material' and it still opens with empty clips. And trying to link them all individually in the edit would be too difficult. I'm out of ideas and getting very worried. Have been working so hard on this song for weeks and was almost at mixing stage :(

jabe
KVRAF
1945 posts since 9 Oct, 2008 from UK

Re: Edit suddenly stopped working / loading!!

Post Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:46 pm

Oh dear. It sounds like the .tracktionedit file has become corrupted. If that is the case, some of it may be retrievable. The MIDI data is usually stored within the .tracktionedit file.

First thing I'd do is copy the .tracktionedit file to somewhere safe.

Normally you can look at the contents of these files with a text editor such as Notepad. The format is XML, which looks very much like HTML. A look at the file contents should tell you how much is retrievable. If you do load it into a text editor, don't Save unless you're fairly confident in what you're doing (but you did put a copy somewhere else...).

You may, if you wish, email a copy of the .tracktionedit file to me and I'll take a look. I'll PM my email address to you.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10, 32&64, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

dogbiscuit
KVRist
47 posts since 20 Jun, 2007 from UK

Re: Edit suddenly stopped working / loading!!

Post Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:42 am

Thanks Jabe, I've emailed you :)

Return to “Tracktion”