Tracktion DAW Feedback

Discussion about: tracktion.com
574X
KVRist
275 posts since 25 Aug, 2016

Post Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:55 am

Hello, and welcome to this long awaited feedback thread, after years of experience.
This has evolved and come closer to being solved over the course of the multiple versions of Tracktion, which we have grown through together, but the following remains.

I'd love to hear your suggestions, corrections, workarounds or questions, if you have any.
It would be life-changing address this.

User Experience:
  • Automation point alt drag to select multiple (like clips)
  • Clip – Auto-delete overlapping clips – Checkbox
  • Separate playhead and editing cursor – Checkbox
  • Rack plugins auto-route when added or moved within racks (and/or Right click connects nearest inputs and outputs of dragged plugin)
  • Undo History - popup over undo button and/or undo history window
  • Routing to multiple destinations via the track routing panel
  • Returns/Sends at Zero Latency
Bugs:
  • Folders and submix busses nesting improperly
  • Copy auto locked items via ctrl drag causing daw to hang
  • Sidechain inputs not passing through from a bus track that has multiple tracks routed to it
Best wishes in all future developments.
brisk walk in the sun
beaming positivity
some protein and rest

Steve Bolivar
KVRian
569 posts since 25 Aug, 2006

Re: Tracktion DAW Feedback

Post Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:12 am

Undo history has been discussed.
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=513186

574X
KVRist
275 posts since 25 Aug, 2016

Post Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:36 am

Thanks, that's a great thread.
It's evident that Undo in T7 often operates differently than intended, often not undoing vst changes and even failing to redo DAW changes.

Actions needn't be broken apart but rather identified, at the very least, so that we know what hole we may be about to dig for ourselves by engaging a unexpectedly functioning feature.

As for backups, I often use the "save edit as" which operates similarly to Reaper's "save new version," as it automatically adds the next number to the file name. However, this should be reserved for fairly significant changes, to preserve workflow efficiency.
brisk walk in the sun
beaming positivity
some protein and rest

harvon
KVRist
32 posts since 1 Oct, 2019

Post Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:29 pm

It constantly irritates me that the ASIO4ALL driver for windows sound is unable to serve multiple clients. When a DAW uses it for example, then no sound on youtube, no sound on any other software. Would it help Tracktion sales if a multiclient ASIO driver would be included in the paid package?

terrynoakes
KVRist
391 posts since 7 May, 2007 from Angus,Scotland

Post Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:38 am

harvon wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:29 pm
It constantly irritates me that the ASIO4ALL driver for windows sound is unable to serve multiple clients. When a DAW uses it for example, then no sound on youtube, no sound on any other software. Would it help Tracktion sales if a multiclient ASIO driver would be included in the paid package?
+1
Not only Asio4all. I have they same problems with my emu 1212m card and driver's.

dRowAudio
KVRAF
1504 posts since 30 Dec, 2012

Post Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:05 am

The driver problem is really up to the device manufacturer. Or perhaps you could use Windows Audio?

Is this list based on T7? There's some things that I'm sure have been fixed in W10 like the "Separate playhead and editing cursor".

terrynoakes
KVRist
391 posts since 7 May, 2007 from Angus,Scotland

Post Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:18 am

dRowAudio wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:05 am
The driver problem is really up to the device manufacturer. Or perhaps you could use Windows Audio?
I'm on Win 8.1 and latest Waveform. Emu1212m sound card
I have tried Windows audio, admittedly some time ago,and from memory it only shows stereo outputs.
I will have a look again, to see if I've missed anything. Cheers.

Peter Widdicombe
KVRist
414 posts since 29 Aug, 2014

Post Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:34 am

I think, though, that Windows audio allows Waveform to get non-exclusive control of the sound device (stereo only ! ), so you can play Youtube while Waveform is open. Depending on the sound card, though, I find Windows audio tends to have much more latency than ASIO4All.

I don't have time to try now, but can you select an alternate audio device in Waveform than "default", so that Waveform uses a different one than Windows defaults to?

Stuttaton
KVRist
418 posts since 24 Jan, 2004 from Sweden

Post Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:42 am

With my Focusrite Scarlet 6i6, I can play fron Facebook, Soundcloud etc. while Waveform is open. I can even let Waveform and another program play at the same time.

spoontechnique
KVRist
156 posts since 7 May, 2018

Post Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:43 am

I would love to see some improvements to Racks. There's a lot of room for simple user-friendly features that make it more convenient to use. Racks are powerful but the tediousness can be prohibitive for me.

The PDC issue still looms large in my mind. I don't like having to line up rendered tracks because latency caused them to shift time upon rendering.

Return to “Tracktion”