[Solved] Show automation lane for last touched parameter

Discussion about: tracktion.com
exponent1
KVRist
313 posts since 10 Nov, 2018

Post Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:17 am

Hi,

Is there a way to add an automation lane for the last touched parameter in any plugin in Tracktion/Waveform? E.g. I want to automate the filter cut-off in a synth, is there way to add the automation for it without having to chose it manually from the list of parameters?

For example in Reaper, one can just touch/move a parameter inside a plugin and then simply select 'Show envelope for last touched parameter' and Reaper would automatically display the automation envelope for that parameter. It's much faster and since one doesn't have to manually find the parameter from a long list of plugin parameters.

Any tips and tricks would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!
Last edited by exponent1 on Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

PierreG
KVRist
214 posts since 24 Sep, 2005

Re: Show automation lane for last touched parameter

Post Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:52 pm

You may well know about this, or I'm not understanding your request, yet check out the Learn feature. Drag the A to a plugin and select Learn, which opens the plugs GUI. Move a parameter and you'll see it appear in the selection box.

exponent1
KVRist
313 posts since 10 Nov, 2018

Re: Show automation lane for last touched parameter

Post Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:14 am

PierreG wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:52 pm
You may well know about this, or I'm not understanding your request, yet check out the Learn feature. Drag the A to a plugin and select Learn, which opens the plugs GUI. Move a parameter and you'll see it appear in the selection box.
OMG! Thanks! I completely overlooked the 'Learn' option somehow! I can't thank you enough! :hug: :hyper:

PierreG
KVRist
214 posts since 24 Sep, 2005

Re: [Solved] Show automation lane for last touched parameter

Post Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:31 am

Hey, I've been there SO many times! Glad to be helpful. :party:

:tu:

Return to “Tracktion”