Waveform 11 Versions

Discussion about: tracktion.com
dayvyg
KVRist
39 posts since 23 Mar, 2015

Post Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:51 am

Anybody got the skinny on the Waveform 11 versions. I believe in the NAMM videos 3 versions were mentioned - free, oem and pro. That appears to be different from the current versions offered for 10 - basic, standard, extreme. So what will be included with pro?

Thanks.
d.

spoontechnique
KVRist
190 posts since 7 May, 2018

Re: Waveform 11 Versions

Post Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:27 am

It'd be nice to get more details, but here's what I can tell from the Woody Namm video.

Waveform Free: Unrestricted, fully featured. This includes all the new stability features like plugin sandboxing, as well as the new templates.

Waveform OEM: Who knows, OEM is mysterious and odd.

Waveform Pro: Things like Groove Doctor, additional effects and synths, etc. Not sure how the DAW effects pack fits into this.

dayvyg
KVRist

Post Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:01 am

Yeah, I'm curious what will be bundled with the Pro version. I suspect it'll be the same as the current standard version and then you'll be able to create a custom bundle from that starting point. I guess we'll soon see.

GuitarPlayerinNYC
KVRist
63 posts since 23 Dec, 2019

Post Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:24 am

This doesn't answer OP's question, but I received an email I posted in another thread, that I'll post here, about upgrades, in case people missed it.

>>WAVEFORM PRO Pre-Order

Get ready, Waveform Pro is coming soon! Pre-order your upgrade today and SAVE 30% off the regular pricing.

You will be first in line to download when Waveform Pro launches later in February.
You have the option to download early access betas.

Upgrade to Waveform Pro (v11)
Pre-order Upgrade from Waveform 10 for $49 (normally $69) » Upgrade Now
Pre-order Upgrade from Waveform 9 for $59 (normally $89) » Upgrade Now
Pre-order Upgrade from Waveform 8 for $79 (normally $109) » Upgrade Now

All Waveform 10 orders since Jan 1, 2020 will receive a free upgrade to Waveform Pro (v11).

What's New In Waveform

Cutting edge contemporary DAW designed for musicians.
Improved UI/UX with user customizable actions and layouts.
Multi screen and touch screen management.
Inspirational MIDI composition tools.

I'll be eligible for the free upgrade, since I bought WF 10, a little over a week ago.<<

exponent1
KVRist
358 posts since 10 Nov, 2018 from India

Post Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:14 pm

dayvyg wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:51 am
Anybody got the skinny on the Waveform 11 versions. I believe in the NAMM videos 3 versions were mentioned - free, oem and pro. That appears to be different from the current versions offered for 10 - basic, standard, extreme. So what will be included with pro?

Thanks.
d.
You're confusing 'Variants' from 'Bundles'. The current DAW variants are actually - T7 (to be replaced by Waveform 11 Free), Waveform OEM and Waveform 10 Pro (to be replaced by 11 Pro).

Basic, Standard and Extreme are actually software bundles which include Waveform Pro + various other plugins (DAW Essentials and the various synths) and content depending on the bundle.

As with Waveform 10 Pro (which is basically the Waveform Basic Bundle + Collective+ some drum loops), Waveform 11 Pro will include ALL of the 'DAW' features. The OEM verson (bundled with some hardware) will have slightly cut-down features whereas the Free version of Waveform 11 will have lesser features such as exclusion of Groove Doctor, Rack Faceplates etc.

I don't know if you own Waveform 10 Pro, cause it's pretty much the same model.

dayvyg
KVRist

Post Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:24 pm

Okay, got ya. Apparently I was confused. Thanks for the clarification.

Yes, I have Waveform 10 Pro Basic but will definitely be looking at moving up to Standard or maybe Extreme.

Cheers.
d.

TSC
Tracktioneer
524 posts since 31 Dec, 2012 from Seattle

Post Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:51 pm

The custom bundle builder allows you to get the same discounts as the preset bundles at any time - the more items added to the shopping cart in any single purchase, increases the discount levels :)
Tracktion Software Corporation

Lutin mutin
KVRist
168 posts since 4 Nov, 2004 from France

Post Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:33 am

I also received these days the "promotional" offer from the Tracktion company : if I buy Waveform Pro 11 before release, I will have a promotional saving on the future upgrade price (-30%) if pre-ordering.

I would explain to the Tracktion Team why I refuse this "marketing offer".

Actually or in the past, I have bought pre-ordering software. It's not a problem for me.
BUT...
I have never pre-ordered something without knowing what will be the "future" product (overview, expected specifications, comparing next product with the actual product, etc, etc, etc...).
I'm a very long user of Tracktion (from T1) and I've always upgraded because the "nexts" versions where always good or very good surprises. In those times, there were not pre-ordering sales.

It seems that times have changed. For me, no problem.

But I consider that today (2020, february first), we don't have (sorry for this abused "we")... I don't have, I don't know "nothing" about the future Waveform Pro 11 DAW (at the exception of 2 or 3 relative words from Woody in a NAMM video, and not in a communication to the community of the users of this soft).
In other words... I have any info of this new Waveform 11 and the new "Pro" qualification.
I don't know if the next Waveform pro DAW will answer to my needs or if my actual Waveform 10 is enough for my actual music making...

I'm very sorry to the Tracktion team. But today, it's impossible to me to pre-order an unknown (pro) software.

So, see you the first days of march...

With my best regards,
Lutin mutin.

mojkarma
KVRist
160 posts since 31 May, 2004

Post Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:40 am

+1 to what Lutin mutin said. I also got the mail as a current Waveform 9 user and I really wonder what was Tracktion thinking by choosing such a weird promotion. It is not their first upgrade and they should know better how to promote a new version.

fedexnman
KVRAF
2630 posts since 4 Jan, 2005

Post Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:51 am

I pre-ordered ... from v10 .... I usually wait for a Sale but $43 dollars after my $6 tracktion cash discount seems alright to me . I guess I'm anxious to see if plugin sandboxing fixes the program or not and feel maybe I'll get a beta before everyone else does , seems worth it to me .

exponent1
KVRist
358 posts since 10 Nov, 2018 from India

Post Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:11 am

I don't see anything wrong with their promotion. They have to make money, and it's not a forced upgrade for anyone. People who can't wait can pre-order, those who can wait, can buy later like they did before with other upgrades.

spoontechnique
KVRist
190 posts since 7 May, 2018

Post Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:21 pm

I think it's probably best practice to lay out the features more clearly before asking for a pre-order. That said, I pre-ordered already. At this point I use Waveform enough (600+ hours a year) that 50 dollars is a steal. A couple years is enough for me to trust the Tracktion guys. They're an extremely small company (two or three people, I think). Any time spent on marketing or community outreach is time not spent on the crunch leading up to a big release.

If the free version is as generous as they're suggesting, the pro version will be optional for most people. You can just...not pre-order.

fde101
KVRist
179 posts since 16 Mar, 2017

Post Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:21 am

I got the pre-order too, but I can certainly see Lutin mutiny's point. I would hope that a more comprehensive list of changes would be available before the pre-order offer expires?

Rock
KVRian
1228 posts since 11 Apr, 2002 from Nashville, TN

Post Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:01 am

Another user since version T1 here. I would update for a single feature... MIDI triggered macros. Seems like a no brainer especially with the new action buttons. Please.

Captngeetch
KVRist
32 posts since 16 Jun, 2016

Post Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:45 pm

I pre-ordered from v10 as well..using T-bucks and getting it for $45 seemed like a no-brainer to me. It definitely would have been nice to know more about improvements etc. but the cost was too cheap for me to pass up. Hoping this version will be Faderport friendly though. v10 and previous version don't recognize it no matter what protocol I set it to. Here's hoping...I love working within Waveform (and Tracktion down to 5 previously), but hate not being able to use my controller. I've been using PT and S1 much more lately because of it.

Return to “Tracktion”