T7 Free Loop Audition

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am continuing to demo Traktion T7 Free. While auditioning samples or loops I noticed two things:
Firstly, the loops do not start to play on beat one of my song loop or bar. Secondly, the auditioned loops do not auto sync to the project tempo.
All in all making loop or sample auditioning almost impossible. I would like to know if this changeable via settings. I have looked but cant find anything. Also, has this been addressed in later versions?

Tao Tone wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:56 am I am continuing to demo Traktion T7 Free. While auditioning samples or loops I noticed two things:
Firstly, the loops do not start to play on beat one of my song loop or bar. Secondly, the auditioned loops do not auto sync to the project tempo.
All in all making loop or sample auditioning almost impossible. I would like to know if this changeable via settings. I have looked but cant find anything. Also, has this been addressed in later versions?
When you say 'auditioning', do you mean you're previewing them in the 'Files' or 'Search' tabs or when you drag them on to your project? If you mean the former, I don't think there's any setting which syncs the tempo of the samples/loops in the 'Files' or 'Search' tabs to the project tempo. I'm using the latest Waveform 10.4.2 Pro.

BTW, which other DAW has this feature?

BTW, which other DAW has this feature?
Yes.. when I am going through my sample loops they do not sync with the song tempo or beat 1.

This is standard on Ableton, Bitwig, ACID and Reaper and has been for years. I can only speak to these DAWS as they are what I have tried. I would expect this to be standard on DAWs in this day and age.

Also, in the above mentioned DAWS, when I drag a sample in from the explorer to a track the file is automatically time and beat matched to the project tempo. Noticed that Traktion does not do this either, at least T7 free doesn't. Of course this feature can be turned off if you do not want the sample to be time adjusted.
I am still keen to try Waveform 11 because there are many things I like the look of but there are some really 'basic' requirements missing that are starting to add up.

My bad, I should have known better being a old time Reaper user. But then again, I don't use samples/loops. Pardon my ignorance.

Seems Waveform does indeed have this feature. Please see this thread: viewtopic.php?t=501896

Quoting from the thread:
Take a look in "Settings" -> "Loop Database" and ensure that "Sync Loop Previews to Edit" and "Loop Previewing:" is set to "Match tempo and pitch". You can see it in action in this video: https://youtu.be/uLDpChMsxUc?t=10

exponent1 wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:39 am My bad, I should have known better being a old time Reaper user. But then again, I don't use samples/loops. Pardon my ignorance.

Seems Waveform does indeed have this feature. Please see this thread: viewtopic.php?t=501896

Quoting from the thread:
Take a look in "Settings" -> "Loop Database" and ensure that "Sync Loop Previews to Edit" and "Loop Previewing:" is set to "Match tempo and pitch". You can see it in action in this video: https://youtu.be/uLDpChMsxUc?t=10
Awesome.. thank you. I will check this out.. I like the idea of having multiple browsers open too.. I am very much a Reaper person. Have been using it since V2.8. I am looking at Traktion as an accompanying DAW. I like some of the composition tools that are in WF10 and 11. So, I will give it a go.

Return to “Tracktion”