vitocorleone123
KVRist
405 posts since 30 Jun, 2014 from Pacific NW

Post Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:50 am

dRowAudio wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:52 am
vitocorleone123 wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:33 pm
2) A stupid user error (hi!) revealed that the DAW doesn't deal well with MIDI loops. Without me doing anything to add them, Waveform 11 beta started continuously and permanently adding track Markers on top of one another as quickly as it could. Even force closing the app and restarting it and re-opening the track just resulted in it continuing to infinitely increase those track markers. I had to delete the test track and create a new test track (with the user error fixed!).
Can you expand a bit on what you did to get in to this situation? Was there something specific about the MIDI file you use? Can you share it with us?
I'll try tonight if I can.

From what I can remember now, It had to do with external hardware using MIDI thru, and routing in Waveform. I had Keystep USB in -> out Focusrite MIDI -> in OB-6 -> thru to SE-02. In Waveform, I had

Track 1: in=Keystep, out=F MIDI (trying to trigger the OB-6)
Track 2: in=OB-6 audio out, out = F Audio
Track 3: in=OB-6 MIDI, out= F MIDI (trying to trigger the SE-02)
Track 4: in=SE-02 audio out, out = F Audio

I think maybe I was trying to use MIDI Channel 1 for everything??

There was no MIDI file or even anything happening. It just started automatically adding track markers.
Last edited by vitocorleone123 on Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

dRowAudio
KVRAF
1539 posts since 30 Dec, 2012

Re: W11 Beta's Up!

Post Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:13 am

I'm a bit confused by this setup but it sounds like you've configured a control surface to add a marker on a specific note/CC and then have also configured a loop with your outputs so this action is continuously being triggered?

vitocorleone123
KVRist

Post Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:37 am

dRowAudio wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:13 am
I'm a bit confused by this setup but it sounds like you've configured a control surface to add a marker on a specific note/CC and then have also configured a loop with your outputs so this action is continuously being triggered?
I was confused, too, at the time :D
I have it working perfectly now by having the OB-6 on Channel 1 and SE-02 on Channel 2.
No particular control surface, other than the Keystep... but I don't believe I'd pressed anything (so it could've been automatically triggering it?).

Again, this was an edge case/user error.

Stuttaton
KVRist
431 posts since 24 Jan, 2004 from Sweden

Post Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:14 am

operandx wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:30 am
pauljennings wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:37 am
anyone know how the arranger works in W11 . i see it on the screen but cannot figure out how it works
tried grabbing clips and moving to aaranger track but nothing and no info on tracktion site apart from a fleeting image on the promo video
You use ctrl click drag and draw out a section in the Arranger track. This can be resized or moved. If the section is then clicked and dragged to another location on the arranger track the section can be moved or copied. Several arranger clips can be created and if one arranger clip is click dragged over another one you get the option to swap them. It's very cool.
I discovered that you can also right-click on the arranger track label to get a clip between the in- and out markers.

pauljennings
KVRer
12 posts since 3 Apr, 2016

Post Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:25 pm

thanks i figured out how to do it by right clicking on the box adjacent to the aranger track and inserting a clip but your way is better. yes it is good as a is the overview, i think there are more goodies to find yet
altogether an excellent upgrade at a great pricepoint

skipscada
KVRian
1456 posts since 22 Oct, 2004 from Schmocation

Post Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:12 pm

operandx wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:30 am
pauljennings wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:37 am
anyone know how the arranger works in W11 . i see it on the screen but cannot figure out how it works
tried grabbing clips and moving to aaranger track but nothing and no info on tracktion site apart from a fleeting image on the promo video
You use ctrl click drag and draw out a section in the Arranger track. This can be resized or moved. If the section is then clicked and dragged to another location on the arranger track the section can be moved or copied. Several arranger clips can be created and if one arranger clip is click dragged over another one you get the option to swap them. It's very cool.
Yup. This is basically the only thing I've checked out so far, and it worked a treat as far as I can see. Great for my modus operandi. Moving song segments around will be much easier, faster and - crucially - less error-prone.

GuitarPlayerinNYC
KVRist
63 posts since 23 Dec, 2019

Post Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:34 pm

Captngeetch wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:24 am
chico.co.uk wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:09 am
Captngeetch wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:03 pm
Yes, it's only available to those who paid for the pre-order. No glitches for me so far...but still doesn't see my Faderport 8 😠
Faderport appears to support Mackie Control/HUI emulation. If you turn that on, in the faderport (if that's required), then go to settings / control surfaces and change Mackie Control Universal with an Input Device and Output device pointing at the Faderport, does that work?

Putting Faderport 8 into MCU mode -
https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/ar ... -mcu-mode/
Been there, tried that. The Faderport doesn't show up in the drop down Input or output menus. I have tried it in every available config. Even tried the DAW specific modes..it just doesn't show as an available in or output. It does show if you select midi mode, but it's connected via UBS and still not usable. It's very disheartening...it saw my old Digi 002 (which I absolutely hated). I started with Tracktion 5 and am so used to the workflow, but since I began using the FP as my control surface and had to go back to the dreaded righthand connected to a mouse...I find myself using Pro Tools instead. And it doesn't have full functionality in PT, but I'm not really fond of Studio One
This is a midi device, correct? I had the same problem with a midi keyboard. A member here suggested this fix, and it worked for me (and support said deleting this file can fix many things): Go to Settings>File Locations> to the (edit) right, General, then click Show Settings folder. You'll be brought to the Waveform folder. Within that folder is a file named Waveform.Settings. Rename it to Waveform.bak.

Waveform will be brought to a default state, and you'll lose your Project associations, Edits, etc (recoverable), and you may have to reauthorize Waveform. This worked for me, and just last week, I passed on this tip to another KVR member, and it worked for him.

If you have other Tracktion software on your system, like any earlier version, you may have to delete/rename the .Settings file in them as well. I originally had T7, then had a demo of WF10, and when my midi keyboard wasn't recognized, I loaded T4. I saw that deleted the .Settings file can have a global effect. I've since uninstalled T4, and after I renamed the .Settings files in both T7 and WF, my midi controller now appears as options in both. Hope it works for you.

vitocorleone123
KVRist

Post Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:30 pm

More info on the plugins that can't be edited again. If I minimize/exit Waveform with the plugins in edit mode, then they're gone for good and can't be edited again unless I remove them from the track and re-add them. I noticed that the plugins "float" to front more than they used to.

mfkne
KVRist
283 posts since 17 Sep, 2004 from Good Old Germany

Post Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:07 pm

gennargiu wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:56 pm
....,and effect arpeggiator don't work..... ( on windows 10)

gennaro
great beta, but Arpeggiator does not work on Mac, too. Also Note repeat.

mfkne
KVRist
283 posts since 17 Sep, 2004 from Good Old Germany

Post Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:24 pm

if I create a template for an edit in W11 and use this template as my personal template in a new project ( I choose it from the scrolldown list), only the first edit in this project uses this template (regardless if I had clicked on "use default" or not). If I create a second edit in the new project, just the standard template is used again, not my template...
Last edited by mfkne on Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

exponent1
KVRist
358 posts since 10 Nov, 2018 from India

Post Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:54 pm

Kott wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:08 am
Arpeggiator and note repeater works, but doesn't stops ever until disabled and after starting over - overlaps selves (though it can lead to funny interesting things).
I can confirm this bug on Windows 10 64 bit too. Seems the 'Latch' Mode doesn't work as intended?

Captngeetch
KVRist
32 posts since 16 Jun, 2016

Post Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:02 am

chico.co.uk wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:27 am
If you go into Settings / Midi Devices, does it show the Faderport input and output there?
Are both set to Enabled?

If it doesn't show there, check you don't have "Only show enabled devices" turned on.
Thanx ! You pointed me in the right direction. It was listed on the output only. Set it on the input, put the FP into MCU mode and it was available at last. Faders popped into action the second I selected it...thanx again.

carllackey
KVRist
281 posts since 7 May, 2009

Post Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:17 am

i'm curious about arranger too. i draw in the arranger box but how do i make selected tracks? and how do i copy them?

dRowAudio
KVRAF
1539 posts since 30 Dec, 2012

Post Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:06 am

We'll be sending out some more info about some of the features this week but here some on the arranger track for now:
  • The arranger track is similar to the marker track except that it can be used to move entire sections of an Edit
  • Show the arranger track using the view options button (eye icon) in the top right hand corner
  • Either add arranger clips by dragging the new clip icon like you do with other track or hold shift to change to the pencil tool and draw in clips
  • Once present you can move clip positions by dragging the clip header or rename clips by double clicking the clip name
  • Drag an arranger clip body (i.e. the coloured clip area) to rearrange an Edit. All clip contents and automation will be shifted
  • Drag on to an empty space in the arranger track to insert. You can either copy or move the source time range
  • Drag on to another arranger clip to either replace or swap the time ranges
  • Select tracks to include only these in the arrange operation
  • You can also right click an arranger clip to show the menu and choose the new “Delete section of Edit covered by selected clips” to remove whole chunks of time

pauljennings
KVRer
12 posts since 3 Apr, 2016

Post Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:29 am

how about chord companion, i have maschine mk3 and would like to link it to the new chord companion any ideas?
in theory i could use the maschine in control mode and play chords on the pads
i know i can do that in maschine in its standalone mode but would like to intergrate ir with waveform

Return to “Tracktion”