Saving edits in waveform ten - huge problems

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Paul Madsen
KVRer
14 posts since 29 Jul, 2013 from United Kingdom

Post Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:26 pm

Please help!
I am working on several tracks for clients who require complete tracks soon.
However, when I save an edit I cannot always open it again.... waveform cannot 'see' the edit from the 'open projects' dialogue/ window even though I can see the edit has been saved when using windows file explorer to locate the edit.

For example - I save an existing edit using a new name and a new location (desktop for example) and when I try to open that edit waveform cannot see it - even though it is on my desktop.

This also means I cannot re-organise where I save edits. If I want to create a new folder for existing edits and then use Save As to save the already existing edit in the new location they are then not 'seen' by Waveform when I try to open them.
I am using Waveform ten on Windows ten.
Thank you

chico.co.uk
KVRAF
2368 posts since 17 Jun, 2003

Re: Saving edits in waveform ten - huge problems

Post Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:32 pm

Edits and projects are different things. The open project dialogue isn't used to open edits, it's to open projects.

The best way to move where you've stored a project is to archive it, then unarchive it to a new location. Don't just save an edit in a random location.

You should be able to just go to your desktop in Windows explorer, double click on the edit, and open it. If that doesn't work, make a copy of the edit on the desktop, paste it back into the original folder location where you were saving this project up till recently, then double click it there to open it.

Then archive it, and unarchive it to a new location, if you need to.
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

Paul Madsen
KVRer
14 posts since 29 Jul, 2013 from United Kingdom

Re: Saving edits in waveform ten - huge problems

Post Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:55 pm

Thank you so much, that has worked perfectly - you have saved me a lot of head scratching!

Return to “Tracktion”