Discussion about: tracktion.com
terrynoakes
KVRist
400 posts since 7 May, 2007 from Angus,Scotland

Post Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:51 am

Does any one have a macro for these?
Midi : Select all notes in clip
& Select all note with the same pitch.
Also the shrink and Grow function that is available when you click on a track.
I don't know how to write them. It Would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Steve Bolivar
KVRian
610 posts since 25 Aug, 2006

Re: Macros for some shortcuts

Post Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:43 pm

I apologise in advance if you already know these shortcuts:
It's 2 steps, click on any note in a clip then Cmnd/Cntrl-A. If you don't click on a note first it just selects all clips.

Select all note with the same pitch
In the MidiEditor Hold Cmnd/Cntrl while clicking on a key in the PRV keyboard. This doesn't work in the online piano roll editor.

terrynoakes
KVRist

Post Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:01 pm

Steve Bolivar wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:43 pm
I apologise in advance if you already know these shortcuts:
It's 2 steps, click on any note in a clip then Cmnd/Cntrl-A. If you don't click on a note first it just selects all clips.

Select all note with the same pitch
In the MidiEditor Hold Cmnd/Cntrl while clicking on a key in the PRV keyboard. This doesn't work in the online piano roll editor.
Thanks for responding. Yes I do know those short cuts, I wasn't as clear as I should have been in my post. I have the W11 Beta, and you can add short cuts/action functions to some buttons that you can have above the transport panels. But using the assign action function, the shortcuts I'm after do not appear. I have a shortcut Marco that someone kindly did for me and that shows up and I was able to assign it to a button. So I was hoping to be able to do that with the aforementioned shortcut I requested. Cheers
mygif0.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

AGreen
KVRist
184 posts since 2 Feb, 2015

Post Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:23 pm

Unfortunately there are no macro commands in the API that allow operations on notes, only on clips, tracks, plugins etc. so it's not possible to write a macro to do these things. The built in actions are the only option but for some reason they don't appear in the keyboard shorcuts list which means they can't be assigned. It might be best to put in a request to add these commands to the keyboard shortcuts list. It seams a bit strange that they're not there.

terrynoakes
KVRist

Post Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:28 pm

@ AGreen, thanks for the heads up, I really don't have a clue as to under the hood stuff.
Cheers

Return to “Tracktion”