FR: Open plugin directly from a Rack instance

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If you right-click on a Rack instance, at the bottom is a sub-menu with "Select one of the Plugins in this rack >".

Can you change this so that if the rack only has one entry, the menu just says "Select <plugin name>" directly so that you don't have to go through the sub-menu?
i9-10980HK. Windows 10 (21H2). Komplete Audio 6. Studio One 5.4.1.

If you simply left click, with one plugin, can you accomplish the same? I've just started making racks, so maybe I'm not sure what you mean.

A Rack is a container for other plugins. You can create multiple instances of single Rack so that different Tracks go to the same plugin(s). In the plugin section on the right of the screen, you see an instance of your Rack. If you left-click it, it opens the Rack window where you can see the plugins contained within. You can then click on one of those plugins to open its window.

You can right-click on the instance instead. This will show a menu with various options, one of which is a sub-menu which enables you to open one of the contained plugins directly without first opening the Rack window. I'm just suggesting that if there is only one single plugin inside a Rack then this sub-menu be removed and replaced with an entry to directly open that plugin.

I just discovered this menu.
Is it supposed to also open the plugin GUI (doesn't work here...) or just the properties panel?
Waveform Pro 12.5.11, Windows 10

It should open the plugin GUI. Sometimes it doesn't work. Half the time it does.

Ok, thanks.
Very useful but it seems a bit buggy. :?
Waveform Pro 12.5.11, Windows 10

Return to “Tracktion”