Waveform 11.2.18 is available as beta

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ForrestH wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:30 am Modifiers are broken: the "drag this" one doesn't add anything, and the built-in one won't connect to anything.
I can't reproduce this one, can you share screen recording?

ForrestH wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:30 am Modifiers are broken: the "drag this" one doesn't add anything, and the built-in one won't connect to anything.
(Incidentally, it really ought to be possible to drag a plugin to the modifier's property pane to add it to the list of things controlled by the modifier...)
Does the popup menu appear for you to choose from the list of available Modifiers?
It seems to be working ok for me...

The easiest way to assign a parameter to a Modifier is to enable "Modifier assign mode" (the orange button in the Modifier properties panel), touch the parameter you want to assign it to in the plugin UI, then move that parameter from the parameters list in that plugin's properties panel. That will also give you full control over the offset and range of the assignment.

Kang wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:47 am I could be wrong but I don't think my click track is working when I have no audio files in my edit. I double checked all the settings ('click plays on playback' is selected) and it was driving me crazy because all my old edits had a working click, but a new template I was setting up I couldn't get the click to work.
It was broken if there were not clips or no inputs. Will be fixed in 11.2.19.

adrs wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:15 am I don't know if there's something I missed in my setup, or it is a bug. But, whenever I'm using the experimental engine, the click output always routed to output 1-2 and master meter only respond if I'm using output 1+2 as default output, I'm using output 3-4 as my default output (no problem with the audio, just the meter that only responding to output 1-2).

This behaviour already present from the earlier beta version, is anybody experiencing this issue when using the experimental engine?
Thanks for reporting. Should be fixed in 11.2.19.

FigBug wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:44 pmI can't reproduce this one, can you share screen recording?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/18MRnoH ... sp=sharing

Note the unexpected functionality at the end.

dRowAudio wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:02 pm
Kang wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:47 am I could be wrong but I don't think my click track is working when I have no audio files in my edit. I double checked all the settings ('click plays on playback' is selected) and it was driving me crazy because all my old edits had a working click, but a new template I was setting up I couldn't get the click to work.
It was broken if there were not clips or no inputs. Will be fixed in 11.2.19.

In a similar vein... the show/hide plugins hotkey seems to work flawlessly with no clips in the edit, but only hides plugins when there are clips in the edit, 'show' doesn't work.

edit: It appears to be if there's clips on the TRACK that causes those plugins to not show, there can be clips in the edit and show will work on the tracks with no clips. Hope that makes sense.

vitocorleone123 wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:30 pm The good news is: I can actually use the beta AND my outboard effects with the experimental (a la hybrid) now enabled and still have any sound at all. At least so far. Up to this build it never worked.

The bad news so far is: it's a crackle-fest. If I disable the experimental engine (and I have zero plugins loaded), I can use a hardware synth easily at 96K at 64 samples. Once I enabled the experimental engine, it crackles and pops like crazy, no matter what I set it at. So... it's still unusable, unless I disable the experimental engine.

Windows 10 latest updates
Focusrite Clarett 4pre latest drivers
Waveform latest public beta
Ok, I've been looking at this today and think I've sorted it now.
It's a bit tricky to test using virtual audio ports though so let me know if it works for you in 11.2.20 when it's up.

One of the problems I found that caused glitches was using multiple cores. A quick check for you might be to turn the number of cores used for processing down to 1 and see if that fixes the glitches for you? If so, the fix I've done should work for you. If that was still glitching it might have been something else.

ForrestH wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:41 pm
FigBug wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:44 pmI can't reproduce this one, can you share screen recording?

That's weird. I'm not seeing that behaviour, all the menus show up as expected.
It's like something is dismissing the popup menus before they open.

Is this on Windows? I notice you have a non-standard mouse cursor. Do you have any other software installed that might interact with the window manager? Sometimes things like themes or layout utilities can cause problems.

Can anyone else see the same problem?

Hello,

I don’t know if it’s a bug or a dev choice but Right click and drag horizontal zooming doesn’t work anymore in the main window :(

Many thanks! :tu:
Last edited by asprog on Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Waveform Pro 12.5.11, Windows 10

dRowAudio wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:22 pmIs this on Windows? I notice you have a non-standard mouse cursor. Do you have any other software installed that might interact with the window manager? Sometimes things like themes or layout utilities can cause problems.
Linux with no new software. Dragging both kinds of modifiers works as normal under 11.2.4, 10.4.7, and 9.3.6.

asprog wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:40 pm I don’t know if it’s a bug or a dev choice but Right click and drag horizontal zooming doesn’t work anymore in the main window :(
I'll look into this.

Here is a video to explain the new tools available from the range selection context menu.

https://youtu.be/zTrAn9u_B18

Ripple Delete, Crop, Heal, and Consolidate are particularly interesting.

I can see you selecting with your mouse across two tracks and the ripple delete affects those two tracks, but I don't see much visual distinction in the selection area between those two tracks and all the other tracks. Is it just that the clips in the selection have their header bars made visible?
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

ForrestH wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:41 pm

I confirm that on Linux.

pough wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:18 pm I can see you selecting with your mouse across two tracks and the ripple delete affects those two tracks, but I don't see much visual distinction in the selection area between those two tracks and all the other tracks. Is it just that the clips in the selection have their header bars made visible?
There's a darker hue to the tracks that are actually selected when you range like that, took me a minute to catch that as well. You can add or subtract to it with CTRL click.

Return to “Tracktion”