Code: Select all

11.5.9:
- UI:               Improved waveform drawing at high zoom levels
- Bugs:             Fixed crash removing clip effect
- MIDI:             MIDI filter added accept / reject
- MIDI:             MIDI filter fixed filtering aftertouch

11.5.8:
- CoreAudio:        Improved latency reporting to reduce recording sync

As with 11.5.7, I'm having a lot of issues with audio clips b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-buzzing when the playhead moves over them initially.

Win 10. Anyone else? Wasn't a problem before 11.5.7, but seems pretty prevalent now. Basically, I need to play through the entire project to clear it up.

MIDI clips are fine, as far as I can tell.
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

Something else: Waveform Aux Send and Aux Return plugins are opening in the upper left corner of the project window and are locked: I can't close them, or drag them to their proper position, and no options are selectable. The only way to clear this is to completely delete the plug in.

This makes 11.5.9 unusable for me.

NOTE: Waveform quit out... upon relaunch, this seems to have gone away. I'll keep an eye on it.

Just updated to Waveform 11.5.9. But bug still there. On MacOS Mojave Waveform window is changing it size to smaller (from top and bottom), when L&F Display Scale more than 100%. It's happens in many cases, such as when switching DAW tabs or just clicking anywhere in the window. But, if change Display Scale to 200%, then maximize window, and switch Display Scale to 175%, the window will keep it size till close. Next time i open DAW, i have to repeat these steps again.
It has different behavior with different screen resolution. What wrote above, it's for 2560x1440. With resolution 2048x1152 Waveform keep window size when L&F display scale is 125% and 175%. But when scale is 150%, window always resizing to smaller as i wrote above.
Just my thought, may be there is some algorithm that decrease window size when it's bigger than screen resolution? And this bug located there?

PS. It's about maximized window, not fullscreen.

I keep having the same UI issues on Windows. Their detachable windows are not automatically resizable. I have to manually drag the corners to fit my screen. The detachable windows also disappear when a VSTi has focus, including the mixer, gone until I close the VSTi GUI. Turning off VST sandboxing causes the VSTi to stay behind all detachable windows, even if selected. Also there's no way to independently hide tracks. Which means I can't hide tracks from the arranger. So if I expand a folder track in the mixer for multiple outputs, it also expands in the arranger, creating useless space I have to scroll through in the arranger. I've been contacting them about this since Tracktion 7, they just shrug it off as if that's a ME problem. As if windows disappearing is not a serious issue.

Gotta say, there's something not right with 11.5.9 under Win 10 for me. Frequent freezes, accompanied by the buzzing noise. That tells me there's audio engine issues. This seems to have started with 11.5.7.

Disabling the experimental audio engine seems to have at least let me get my projects back to where I can work on them. Again, not sure what the "fix" was in 11.5.7, but looks like 11.5.6 was the last workable engine for me.

Watchful wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:27 am Gotta say, there's something not right with 11.5.9 under Win 10 for me. Frequent freezes, accompanied by the buzzing noise. That tells me there's audio engine issues. This seems to have started with 11.5.7.
Yes I have noticed this type of behaviour too, also noise when moving knobs and sliders, in Waveform and Vst's. usually only the 1st time they are moved.
The odd click here and there when moving things.
Just doesn't feel quite right.
Will be rolling back to 11.5.6.

OS windows 8.1
Windows 10 / Intel core i7 2700k @ 3.50GHz / 16GB Ram / Emu 1212m Sound Card / Ati Radeon HD5400 Series G/Card

Issue: Illegal instruction (core dumped)

Upgraded today from 11.5.2 to 11.5.9 and it no longer opens. Cleared y application .cache and local just so it starts as anew but still same issue.

Looked for the dumped core file but can not locate it.

Further tests:
got versions 11.5.7 and 11.5.6 - both present the exact same error.
downgraded back to 11.5.2 and I am back in business.

Any dependencies that changed with newer releases?

Stay safe,
Last edited by basti78 on Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

basti78 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:45 pm OS: Linux Ubuntu 20.04
Issue: Illegal instruction (core dumped)

Upgraded today from 11.5.2 to 11.5.9 and it no longer opens. Cleared y application .cache and local just so it starts as anew but still same issue.

Looked for the dumped core file but can not locate it.
Yes, at least 2nd gen Core processor is now required (Sandy Bridge)

Understand but strange that same PC booted in Win10 does run 11.5.9.

cpu running: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5670 @ 2.93GHz

I've barely had any problems. Probably one or two crashes (heavy usage), but they weren't re-creatable.

I noticed a minor bug, maybe it's a feature. Cursor action over grouped clips doesn't seem correct. When I try to drag my cursor over them, like I would over a normal clip, it horizontal zooms instead.

Watchful wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:51 am As with 11.5.7, I'm having a lot of issues with audio clips b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-buzzing when the playhead moves over them initially.

Win 10. Anyone else? Wasn't a problem before 11.5.7, but seems pretty prevalent now. Basically, I need to play through the entire project to clear it up.
I haven't been able to reproduce this, can you create a simple edit that reproduces the issue?

It's completely random. Happens on one clip, but not on playback. Often doesn't happen at all. It's maddening. For example, hit me yesterday about 5 times on the same project (different clips on different tracks), but same project today it worked flawlessly. I can't reproduce it.

When it does happen, it's when the play head first touches a clip, as if Waveform is a bit late loading the clip. Also, it never does it twice on the same track or twice on the same clip.

Bug report:

If you copy a volume/pan plugin that has automation on it, it get's stuck in the position it was at when you copied it, the automation won't work, UNTIL you show the line that's automated and do something to it (like add a node) then it starts working.

Return to “Tracktion”