Midi Clip notes snapping bug?

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello i come with an unusual bug, with hopes that someone can help me with it.
The bug in question is in the snapping of notes in the midi clip. If midi is drawn in an empty clip or recorded with record function the snapping works correctly.

But if the clip is made by using retrospective record button, the midi notes, when moved, will snap to wierd positions.

For example: Let's say i record with 1/4 quantisation, the notes will sometimes be in the correct start place (but often they will not), but if i just move them with my mouse they will snap to some wierd start position like 1/1/059 and it will be almost impossible to snap them back to grid as they will always snap to this wierd offset.
The snap in midi clip is set to 1/4, tried different settings, nothing works.

Any information/help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: forgot to add, the OS is windows 10 64bit and the daw is Waveform 11.5.9 free

I tried to replicate the issue (Win10 Waveform PRO 11.5.9) but it doesn't seem to happen for me. Notes snap in the expected way. Is there any possibility you could make a video that shows it happening?

Something to try: Settings -> Advanced -> MIDI -> Use MIDI driver for MIDI Timing
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

Return to “Tracktion”