Authorization bug in Studio One?

Official support for: lvcaudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm using the latest version of T-Chain and TCS to run OptoPress, which I just purchased. It's a great sounding compressor. However, it seems to drop the authorization occasionally and revert to demo mode. All my information still remains in the "settings" window so when I click "enter" then "demo mode" disappears to be replaced by "Registration Updated." It will run for a while but then it happens again. As far as I can tell this has only occurred in both T-Chain and TCS when I enter oversampled modes, so it might be related to that somehow. I'm running Studio One 4.1.1 on Mac OS 10.12.6

I am looking in my database for the order, but I can't tell from your KVR username. Have you also purchased the oversample module?

I only purchased OptoPress. OK, I see what must be happening. TCS can't run oversampling unless I have also purchased and authorized the oversampling module. So it's kicking out into demo mode if I try to run oversampling on OptoPress. And obviously the same thing would happen in T-Chain. I guess I thought oversampling was built into TCS and didn't require authorization. I will probably purchase the oversampling module because that's where your plug-ins really shine (I also own PreAmped). Please confirm that this is what is happening.

I believe that is the problem.
In TCS, oversampling looks "built-in" to the plugin; however, TCS still checks for a valid oversampling license when it is engaged. If not, it will make the plugin run in demo mode until oversampling is turned off. Try turning it on and off a couple times and see if everything works as it should.

Thanks for confirming. I purchased the Up Sampler module and everything is working flawlessly. OptoPress sounds really cool when you crank up the aging factor :) And by the way, I'm also digging the free Phuzz module. Honestly, with Up Sampler engaged, I think it sounds better and is way more useful for basic track saturation than this latest Phil's Cascade plug-in from Plugin Alliance.

markmann wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:25 am I'm using the latest version of T-Chain and TCS to run OptoPress, which I just purchased. It's a great sounding compressor. However, it seems to drop the authorization occasionally and revert to demo mode.
I had similar issue, I used the files from my backup VST folder, instead of doing a fresh install. After reinstalling T-Chain everything worked fine after that.
+1 for OptoPress, my go to for bass guitar, in fact, I've started
tracking through it. :tu:

I need to read the manual, oversampling voodoo mmmm...
oversampling module, I thought it was built-in to the interface.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

Return to “LVC-Audio”