Very comprehensive review of the Minibrute 2S

Official support for: arturia.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This really opened my eyes regarding this synth:

https://www.msmodular.com/?p=508

I have a MiniBrute 2 (I have a BeatStep Pro, so I don't need another Arturia sequencer) and I am very pleased with it. I had a MicroBrute and liked it too but the MiniBrute 2 has a lot more of what I liked about the Micro.

There are a lot of affordable monosynths out there now but the MiniBrute2 checks a lot of boxes which the others don't (two LFOs, two envelopes 1 ADSR/1 looping AD, patchable wavefolder, pacthable VCA, linear and expo FM). I wish that they had figured out a way to have the patch points line the top, instead of grouping them all of to the side but the patch points are clearly labeled, so it's a small gripe. The keys are much better than the ones on the MicroBrute (though I don't play them much).

I have a RackBrute 6u to go with my MiniBrute 2, so I have added modules which make up for anything that the synth lacks on it's own but really, I just need an extra VCA (for dynamic FM) and a bipolar attenuator for most patches.

It's a great synth, highly recommended.

I have a 2S and like it quite a bit. I'm leaning towards buying a matrixbrute though. And if I do, I will sell the 2S. I'm actually considering selling my M32 and Eurorack stuff I've accumulated. I just don't seem to gel with the smaller form factor stuff. But still haven't decided. Anyhow, the 2S is quite a substantial sequencer + eurorack engine.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

huge analog sound. really nice. personally i wouldn't use it much on it's own because i need more extensive options. i paired it with the rackbrute and a modular system. it's a powerful combination

Return to “Arturia”