TVEC delay

Official support for: kirkhunterstudios.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

what are you guys doing to deal with the extra delay that KH TVEC seems to add to the time to produce sound in kontakt?

I am using Logic Pro 10.4 and KH Concert Strings2 kontakt version.

No matter which KH setup I try, getting anywhere from 5-15ms of delay between when the midi event is scheduled and the actual rendered audio. Other kontakt instruments on the same track are not exhibiting this problem.

I have the KH Instrument Delay setting set to zero.

It sort of looks on the surface like something about CS2 is taking a lot of time in Kontakt to do whatever it needs to do..which is very dissappointing. Is there any way to correct this? I already know I can use the track delay feature in LPX to have midi tracks play 10ms early and its better that way, but in cycle mode some notes get cut off at the start of the cycle because of this. I'd prefer to figure out if there is some way to get it working without that work around.

Appreciate any comments or suggestions
MacPro 5,1 12core x 3.46ghz-96gb MacOS 12.2 (opencore), X32+AES16e-50

I asked Kirk about this and he replied that this is expected behavior because of early sample material that needs to be there to sound right. The end result is that I'm finding in general KH string tracks need to be playing 20-40ms early in order to sound in sync with a metronome. I'm wondering if other people are coming across this same thing? Kirk also told me he normally does offset the midi 20-40ms early in order to make up for this. I found the same true in woodwinds, haven't tried brass yet.

I am working around that by either using LogicPro track delay with -30ms, or the ExpertSleepers Latency Fixer plugin in line after Kontakt to report more latency to the host (works in any host).
MacPro 5,1 12core x 3.46ghz-96gb MacOS 12.2 (opencore), X32+AES16e-50

Return to “Kirk Hunter Studios”