Lo Whistle and Tin Whistle - "thumps" at the end of notes

Official support for: ilyaefimov.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

On both of these products I often get a little "thump" noise at the end of a note. This happens about 20-30% of the time when there's a gap between notes. Legato is fine. Release level or on/off have no effect. Reverb level or on/off have no effect. Any ideas what I can do to minimize this? I can't play legato forever because "the player" has to take a breath.

If this is the same problem I had with the Balalaika instruments a few months ago, is there a solution for this as well?

Thank you

Hello! Could you please create a ticket at our web-site, attaching an mp3 snippet and midi, if possible. Thank you!
official representative of Ilya Efimov Production

I have attached a ZIP file containing an example MIDI and Mp3 where you can hear the thump (you'll have to turn up the Tin Whistle a bit to hear that one). Settings are:

Attack: ON, 90 (but I found this has no effect)
Release: OF, 50 (but I found this has no effect)
Reverberation: OFF (but I found this has no effect)
Legato: CC (for Low), KS (for Tin) (but I found this has no effect)

I hope this gives you some clues. Thank you!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Listening to this example and then re-listening to my actual piece, I can send you something much more noticeable for the Tim Whistle if you need it.

Dear fretman, yes, please send all that you've found
official representative of Ilya Efimov Production

Here are a few MP3s/MiDI files where you can hear the thumps at the end of some notes.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dear fretman, just to inform you, I answered to your ticket and sent a new patch. Check it out and let me know.

Thank you, this is much better but I still hear some pops. You can hear two around the 3 sec mark in the attached file. The MIDI file is the same as before. Would you please try again? Thank you so much!

Do you hear the thumps in the latest file I uploaded here?

Could this issue be solved? Are the new patches available via an update?

Return to “Ilya Efimov Production”