Has Cream been abandoned?

Official support for: kirnuarp.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sadly this arp is has no support :( shame as it had good features in one package.. ah well too bad, but that's the way it is.

gammastar wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:24 pm Sadly this arp is has no support :( shame as it had good features in one package.. ah well too bad, but that's the way it is.
Have you tried contacting support? If I realized something over the years, is that devs sometimes might not hang out here for a while, but if they are still functioning, one might have some success by communicating directly through their product website. If you do get in contact, just let us know.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

There are bugs around, and they've been reported even here.
I haven't seen any Cream updates in years - several years.
That says something, no?

- Mario

mabian wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:03 pm There are bugs around, and they've been reported even here.
That says something, no?

- Mario
Believe me, I called this arp dead as of years ago, but the one thing that I did not do, was contact the developer himself. That's when it becomes definitive. For those who care about Kirnu Arp, you should contact the developer.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Orbit-50 wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:08 pm
mabian wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:03 pm There are bugs around, and they've been reported even here.
That says something, no?

- Mario
Believe me, I called this arp dead as of years ago, but the one thing that I did not do, was contact the developer himself. That's when it becomes definitive. For those who care about Kirnu Arp, you should contact the developer.
The developer never answers...

AFranke wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:54 am
Orbit-50 wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:08 pm
That says something, no?

- Mario
The developer never answers...
Thank you AFranke. So folks, there's your answer. Kirnu Arp is dead.

And don't buy it anymore, because it's sold until today! It's a dead horse.

It's a disgrace that Pluginboutique are still selling it, they really should refund us

mindbeet wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:23 pm It's a disgrace that Pluginboutique are still selling it, they really should refund us
Yeah, I normally wouldn't agree, but I've been out of this race for years because Kirnu Arp never worked right for me. Ever! I tried it numerous times over the years, and to me, it was just a broken plugin with a hell of a lot of potential, but was never refined to the well oiled machine that it should have been. Some might beg to differ, I don't know, but in my opinion, no one should be selling it.

I bought it by release and it was buggy as hell from the beginning and some reactions of the developer in some forums were no-go. This is one the plugins I bought for nothing ...

Horrible, it crashes your whole system both Mac and PC. I just hope that potential buyers runs across this thread. Stay away! It's great when it works and it's probably an easy fix but the developer just don't care. Have a look at HY or Xfer instead.

In actual fact, recent updates have sorted out my system/cpu lock up issues.
Follow the download link in you registration email.
The version number has not changed!

New test version 1.2.2(1) on testflight today. Release notes “updated the test version. no bug fixes”.

Speaking as someone who has run teams making high profile professional software products, and also as someone who sincerely wants to give this dev the benefit of the doubt, this product is absolutely limping along and definitely close to sputtering out. It beats me that the dev doesn’t just kill it and release himself from its minor obligation.

I hate to see a good product die but we are watching it being tortured to death. So many obvious avenues would give it life. Open source, active development, etc etc but as time passes, an occasional oar in the water really isn’t moving the boat forwards any more.

I couldn't have said better than the post before this.

- Mario

Yes, it was abandoned in 1968.

Return to “Kirnu”