Cream pre-release version 7

Official support for: kirnuarp.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dear Kirnu - Cream customer,

A new version (beta 7) is released.
Please use the download link you received in your confirmation mail to download it.
If the downloaded file is the old version please clear you browser cache and try again.

Cream 1.0 pre release 7

- Fixed: Hanging notes on Cubase when Hold mode is used and transport is stopped
- Fixed: Cubase mac 32bit didn't show any popup menus
- New: New option on Track popup menu 'Toggle send only CC'. With this option user can set track to send only CC messages so no Note ON/OFF messages are being sent
- New: Global setting for transposing all output notes. With this feature user can set 'Arp on note count' for example to 5 and play normally and all output notes will be in selected scale.

-Kirnu Dev Team
Last edited by Kirnu on Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

I can not see this working. Anyone?
Kirnu wrote:- New: exclusive track solo/mute when pressing ctrl while enabling/disabling track
Also, "recording wrongly placed notes with swing settings" bug is still here.

samplerbanker wrote:I can not see this working. Anyone?
Kirnu wrote:- New: exclusive track solo/mute when pressing ctrl while enabling/disabling track
Also, "recording wrongly placed notes with swing settings" bug is still here.
Press ctrl while clicking the Track on/off button.

Can you remind me what was the "recording wrongly placed notes with swing settings" bug.

-Arto

Can you remind me what was the "recording wrongly placed notes with swing settings" bug.
-Arto
Downloaded 1.0.7

Do you mean the Track on/off button in the upper left corner?
I can switch it on by clicking on/off, but nothing different happens with Ctrl hold before clicking. Would be great to solo / mute but does not change.

FORMER BUG:
The Toggle on/off still does not work as expected in the pattern modes and in the cc's. It is always on.

SWING ERROR:
Using with Cubase 7 32-bit + using Steinberg Retrologue VST3 instrument, using latest 32-bit Cream downloaded today.

Steps:
1. Set a simple 1/16 sequence
2. Add some swing like 60%
3. Play on keyboard, its timing is fine.
4. Now start play or record in Cubase even in an empty project
3. Now play on keyboard - the swing is stuttered, but is definitely different when Cubase is in play/record.

It is so strange that none of the dropdown menus show the on/off state of any function with a tick sign or whatever indication...

This way user always have to check these:
toggle on/off
sending cc only

2. a visual indication of empty / used CC slots - similar to patterns - would be nice
Last edited by samplerbanker on Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

More Bugs: :shock: in Cubase 7 32-bit

Track 1. - simple sequence play, CC1 value set 40
Track 2. - sending CC only, CC1 value set 41

Phenomenon: CC 41 affect CC40.. the two are mixed and affect the same parameter!

When I disable Track 2. CC1 is fine again. Do not have time to check with other CC / track combinations

Please test Cream much more thoroughly before release... we all waiting for a relatively bug-free release version but new features always introduce newer bugs.

samplerbanker wrote:
-Arto
Downloaded 1.0.7

Do you mean the Track on/off button in the upper left corner?
I can switch it on by clicking on/off, but nothing different happens with Ctrl hold before clicking. Would be great to solo / mute but does not change.

I know where the confusion is. IF the track is ALREADY ON and you ctrl + click, NOTHING happens. IF it is OFF, it turns on that one track and turns all others off. (The track must be off for the solo feature to work).

I would make this change:
Ctrl + Click will turn on the track
AND
Ctrl + click will NOT turn off the track.
AND
Ctrl + click will turn off all other tracks

samplerbanker wrote:1.
It is so strange that none of the dropdown menus show the on/off state of any function with a tick sign or whatever indication...

toggle on/off
sending cc only
Huh? There is a visual indication of sending cc only. What on/off button of feature is not showing an indicator?

BUG REPORT: REAPER 4.32 / WINDOWS 8 / KINRU CREAM 1.0.7
I cannot select CC 3 or 6 or 8 or 11 or 14 etc. because when clicking + dragging the CC number box, these CCs are skipped.

What on/off button of feature is not showing an indicator?
Right click on Pattern area and select Toggle on/off from the dropdown menu.
I can not see if the Toggle is actually on or off after releasing the mouse button.

Moreover, the next time I open the drop down menu, I do not see the state of the Toggle On/off, nothing shows it within the dropdown menu.

Hello,

I have probelms with beta 7 and Presonus Studio one 2. Notes are out of sync, not every time, but its often.

ekeaze wrote:Hello,

I have probelms with beta 7 and Presonus Studio one 2. Notes are out of sync, not every time, but its often.
At kirnuarp website there is a statement: "Kirnu 1 was famous for its ability to generate MIDI notes with accuracy where no samples are skipped. Kirnu Cream is no exception from this. Its state of the art MIDI engine performs at the same level with very low CPU usage."

I did not use Kirnu 1 but I feel constant timing instability in the current state of Cream. Hope Arto will manage to make it much more tight.

ekeaze wrote:Hello,

Please read the email which contained beta 7, it states that the syncing fault is on presonus's side and theyll fix it in the next release of Studio One.

The guys are adding loads of feature requests, fixing bugs, the software is already immense, and it is beta stage. Not full release. Expect bugs, report them as a matter of course, its all good, nobody panic.

The new feature of sending only midi cc is a huge step. A major deal if you understand the implications. Cream is now a midi syncable, full controllable lfo/waveshaper.

So - you get controllable lfos in any DAW (including Live 8/9 for every knob/control). And 8 separate modulation capabilities so any synth you can think of.

Sounddesign possibilities are huge. So just want to thank the Kirnu team for that.

Architeuthis wrote:
samplerbanker wrote:1.

toggle on/off
sending cc only
Huh? There is a visual indication of sending cc only. What on/off button of feature is not showing an indicator?

BUG REPORT: REAPER 4.32 / WINDOWS 8 / KINRU CREAM 1.0.7
I cannot select CC 3 or 6 or 8 or 11 or 14 etc. because when clicking + dragging the CC number box, these CCs are skipped.
Hi yeah, its not really a bug, Arto explained in another post, you use ctrl+click+drag for fine adjustment to access all the midi numbers.

Bug Report - "start notes immediately".
When you put cream into a track, "start notes immediately" is engaged, whether the light (in the settings box) is on or off on startup.
If the light is set to "on" when you start, you must click the light off, and then on again for midi to sync.
So - its 2 problems - a) start notes immediately is engaged on startup whether the light is on or off and b) the light should be on when "start notes immediately" is desired. Right now its the inverse.

Thanks

Architeuthis wrote: I know where the confusion is. IF the track is ALREADY ON and you ctrl + click, NOTHING happens.
Works for me. Mac, Reaper 32bit.
When track is enabled and ctrl+button is pressed Track becomes disabled and all the other Tracks enabled.

-Arto

jumpercable wrote:So just want to thank the Kirnu team for that.
You're welcome :)

Return to “Kirnu”