Midi Learn In Live Issues

Official support for: kirnuarp.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Cream 1.0.4 / Live 9.0.4 / PC

I need help to sort the midi behavior in Live.

When right click, Cream's Midi Learn/Unlearn pops up, but I can't assign control knobs to parameters Gate/Swing/Octaves/ Transpose/Track Volume.

Only by using 'configure' in Live can I get Global Volume to assign to midi controller, which works fine.

Can do the same with Gate/Swing/Octaves/ Transpose/Track Volume, but when I change pattern numbers, midi control registers in the status bar, but Gate/Swing/Octaves/ Transpose/Track Volume buttons do not change value.

Is this normal or a bug/issue?

Thank you.

Can anyone confirm if this feature is working ok using Live ?

I have managed to assign pattern controls to gate/swing/octaves/transpose/rate to knobs/encoders. They don't work as global controls, & I have to assign each parameter control for each pattern ( 1-12 ). This seems odd that these parameters are not global for all patterns.

The manual explains that locking these parameters when loading a new preset that their values (gate/swing/etc...) won't change, but they do when I load a new preset.....

Can anyone confirm this behaviour ?

Thank you.

Sibanger wrote:I have managed to assign pattern controls to gate/swing/octaves/transpose/rate to knobs/encoders. They don't work as global controls, & I have to assign each parameter control for each pattern ( 1-12 ). This seems odd that these parameters are not global for all patterns.
Yes, maybe global pattern parameters would be nice, but per-pattern settings are also very useful.

It would be nice if there was a "locking" that made all patterns follow one setting.

One thing you could try if you are using REAPER is use parameter modulation and have all the pattern parameters 2-12 follow parameters of pattern 1.

Another workaround is to have all the parameters learn the same midi CCs (Edit: does not work, cream allows only 1 cc for 1 parameters)

Instead of controlling the gate/swing/octave/transpote/rate knobs directly, try controlling the pattern # and have each pattern have different gate/swing/octave/transpose/rate settings.

Sibanger wrote:The manual explains that locking these parameters when loading a new preset that their values (gate/swing/etc...) won't change, but they do when I load a new preset.....

Can anyone confirm this behaviour ?
Yeah, confirmed. I think these lock buttons should just serve as a parameter global enabling function, as in, lock causes all patterns to follow any changes to the parameters. I don't see locking parameters on preset chance to be useful, especially when you can't change presets during playback... oh wait you can. It's only that you can't use the left right < > arrows to change presets during playback, but you can use the dropdown menu.. ok this is very weird behavior.

Thanks for your thoughts Architeuthis.

I appreciate your input.

Yeah, after hearing it from someone else, I think the Lock issue is a bug. It's just not working as it should (using Live). Hopefully this will be addressed soon.
Instead of controlling the gate/swing/octave/transpote/rate knobs directly, try controlling the pattern # and have each pattern have different gate/swing/octave/transpose/rate settings.
This is not a great work around for me, as I want the 12 patterns to hold different notation patterns, & change the Gate/Swing/Oct/Transpose & Rate on the fly. I would love to have these parameters as global controls. For me, it's just logical in the way I use Cream.

I do have a work around, but it involves assigning 60 parameters, and then assigning the 5 groups of 12 to a midi CC. Seems a lot of work, when all I want to do is map 5 main parameters to 5 midi controls :wink:

I would also love the Pattern buttons 1 to 12 to be midi mappable, not just triggered from the keyboard.

I don't mean to sound selfish, but this is my wish list. Cream is becoming central to the way I perform, and these refinements would be Ace :love:

Return to “Kirnu”