Answered: Global Settings Mode

Official support for: kirnuarp.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anyone figured Mode out yet?

I first thought it might be like selecting Major and then '0' would be Ionic, 2 Dorian, etc. The '0 - 11' threw me for the 7 notes in the scale ... till I thought of the half steps.

I was also curious that Dorian and Phrygian weren't available in the menu ... but if this is what the Mode does, i.e., select Major and then select 4 in the modes to go up two whole steps and get Phrygian, it is pretty slick.

I could record the notes ... but I thought I'd ask first.
Last edited by como baila on Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Help! I've fallen up and can't get down!

Win7 x64 Dual Dualcore Xeon 3.0 Ghz 16 GB Ram. Cubase 6, RapidComposer, BIAB, Abelton 6, Acid Pro 6,Roland XV5080 & Super JD, E-Mu CS PX7, Korg Radias R and MI-EX R, ASR-X Turbo, UAD 2 Quads, stuff.

como baila wrote:Anyone figured Mode out yet?
I could record the notes ...
I did so but the mode setting doesn't still make any sense.

Can someone please explain what it is?

Hi,
Mode section works like this:

All notes 1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1 (C,C#,D..)
C-Major 1,0,1,0,1,1,0,1,0,1,0,1 (C,D,E,F,G,A,B)

C-Major mode 1 = 0,1,0,1,1,0,1,0,1,0,1,1 (C#,D#,E,,)
C-Major mode 2 = 1,0,1,1,0,1,0,1,0,1,1,0 (C,D,D#..) this would be like C Dorian

So new scale is produced by shifting the selected scale by selected amount of semitones.

-Arto

Great!

Thanks for confirming this ... and as I said when I was surmising that this might be what it does, very slick!

Como
Help! I've fallen up and can't get down!

Win7 x64 Dual Dualcore Xeon 3.0 Ghz 16 GB Ram. Cubase 6, RapidComposer, BIAB, Abelton 6, Acid Pro 6,Roland XV5080 & Super JD, E-Mu CS PX7, Korg Radias R and MI-EX R, ASR-X Turbo, UAD 2 Quads, stuff.

Return to “Kirnu”