Is this plugin dead?

Official support for: kirnuarp.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I seem to see topics saying this plugin is dead. Is it not worth getting then? The demo version at least seems to work fine. Is it only the full version that is bugged?

I'm asking because this arp seems to have really full feature set, much more so than cthulhu (with which I've had many struggles, and wish to replace with something else). I wish to replace cthhlulu, and Kirnu Cream seems to be a prime contender (I haven't seen other arps with this good feature set, maybe BlueARP but its GUI is confusing).

It's so far dead.. everyone hopes otherwise.. but not so much as a post here for years :( buy at risk.

any chance of someone uploading the free old version to a hosting so we can have it again ?
please

hi
I had a problem with Cream and REAPER and Arto from Kirnu fixed the problem in less than 24h!
That's support!!!
IMHO Cream is still the most powerful arp on the market.
Wolfgang

wnick wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:57 pm I had a problem with Cream and REAPER and Arto from Kirnu fixed the problem in less than 24h!
What year was this? Was it a problem on your end or with the plugin itself?
There hasn't been any updates to the plugin in 5(?) years...

wnick wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:57 pm hi
I had a problem with Cream and REAPER and Arto from Kirnu fixed the problem in less than 24h!
That's support!!!
IMHO Cream is still the most powerful arp on the market.
Wolfgang
So what's the latest version and how can it be downloaded?
Thanks!

- Mario

twoodts wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:34 am
wnick wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:57 pm I had a problem with Cream and REAPER and Arto from Kirnu fixed the problem in less than 24h!
What year was this? Was it a problem on your end or with the plugin itself?
There hasn't been any updates to the plugin in 5(?) years...
It was 3 days ago. I had a problem with the multithread support of Cream in REAPER.
Now everything is fine. The version still says 1.2.4

There's an update to version 1.2.5 available via PluginBoutique.
Couldn't find a changelog or any other info. After installing the plugin says it's still version 1.2.4

Hmmm... :shrug:

... and in the meanwhile Kirnu is announcing a new IOS synth in the works on Facebook (can't find the link now)...

Other official sources have nothing about recent updates to Cream.
But... the download link (I haven't bought it through Plugin Boutique) brings a "Cream_1.2" installer updated on august 2020.

No changelog though.

- Mario

mabian wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:24 am ... a "Cream_1.2" installer updated on august 2020.
Have you managed to actually update the plugin?
My installer is a "Cream Installer" from 10th of August 2020, productversion 1.2, fileversion 0.0.0.0 (lol), 2,01 MB
The installer seems to be new, but again, the plugin itself doesn't seem to be updated.

Just tried, the plugin about window still shows 1.2.4 at 2013, exactly like your screenshot.
But the DLL date is actually august, 10th, 2020.

Another poorly managed update, hidden and with no clear trace of changes.

For sure I'm going to steer away from any future Kirnu product...

- Mario

thanks for the info

I'm updating the plugin regularly when ever someone finds bug in it. I haven't changed the version number but there have been improvements to the plugin latest being fixing the Cubase looping problem in Cubase 10 and multi threading bug fix.

If you have any problems or questions please follow instructions found in here:
viewtopic.php?f=229&t=507677

The post Mabian mentioned is this: https://twitter.com/KirnuArp/status/1301860159053066243

Peace.
-Arto

Thanks for the information and the reminder on the best way to contact you, Arto.

I hope you won't bother for some humble suggestions on how to avoid this kind of unpleasant threads in the future:

- Updating the plugin without any version change nor public announcements nor changelogs for sure feed a feeling of discontinuation, even though there's actually still focus on it; it's all about communication and perception you know :)

- Answering after more than 3 months (!) here, that I understand is the official forum (!!) doesn't help either.

Maybe this forum should better be closed and your support channel be only the one mentioned in the thread you pointed to?
Nothing personal, really, just a little bit of bad feelings about it.

Peace,
Mario

Return to “Kirnu”