M4L device Modulat by Chaos Culture, gives ableton modular capabilities. Heres a demo of the latest module updates

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)

zoidkirb
KVRist
51 posts since 9 Jun, 2019

Re: M4L device Modulat by Chaos Culture, gives ableton modular capabilities. Heres a demo of the latest module updates

Post Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:45 pm

This device looks really cool in the videos but I really don't see much talk about it on any forum, even their own Facebook page. No demo available to see if it's truly worthy either.

whyterabbyt
Beware the Quoth
27689 posts since 4 Sep, 2001 from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Re: M4L device Modulat by Chaos Culture, gives ableton modular capabilities. Heres a demo of the latest module updates

Post Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:09 am

zoidkirb wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:45 pm
This device looks really cool in the videos but I really don't see much talk about it on any forum, even their own Facebook page. No demo available to see if it's truly worthy either.
Its only relatively recent that its been renamed as Modulat. It was previously called Signal.
"The bearer of this signature is a genuine and authorised pope."

dayjob
KVRian
1375 posts since 6 Nov, 2006

Post Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:10 am

it's an excellent and extensive set of tools. works great. no issues here and they steadily add modules and do videos. if you're into patching stuff and like modular environments it's a big win.

zoidkirb
KVRist

Post Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:11 pm

whyterabbyt wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:09 am
zoidkirb wrote:
Its only relatively recent that its been renamed as Modulat. It was previously called Signal.
Cool, I like that name better but I still don't see a lot of buzz for something that seems so game changing. Is this I'm definitely leaning towards picking this up eventually still. Probably I've demoed bitwig 3 and it's grid.

CharlieCrizzle
KVRer
14 posts since 11 Sep, 2019

Post Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:07 pm

zoidkirb wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:11 pm
whyterabbyt wrote:
zoidkirb wrote:
Cool, I like that name better but I still don't see a lot of buzz for something that seems so game changing. Is this I'm definitely leaning towards picking this up eventually still. Probably I've demoed bitwig 3 and it's grid.
man thats why i came here to post it. People need to know about it. Its the kind of thing you want to share with everyone. I was considering going bitwig after the grid. This made me want to stick with live. It was $80 and its well worth the pay. I find it much more valuable than almost any $200 synth. It makes ableton and everything else inside of it that much more .

zoidkirb
KVRist

Post Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:34 pm

CharlieCrizzle wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:07 pm
zoidkirb wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:11 pm
whyterabbyt wrote:
zoidkirb wrote:
man thats why i came here to post it. People need to know about it. Its the kind of thing you want to share with everyone. I was considering going bitwig after the grid. This made me want to stick with live. It was $80 and its well worth the pay. I find it much more valuable than almost any $200 synth. It makes ableton and everything else inside of it that much more .
Yeah I agree, personally anyway good sound design comes from powerful modulation. A rack full of operators , ,wavetables , simplers being driven by modulat modules would save the need to buy a synth ever again. That's my theory anyway. I'm already doing similar stuff over in Reason but the workflow there is starting to slow me down. I will see how I'm feeling after black Friday and if I can resist other sales then I'll be picking up Modulat.

Return to “Modular Synthesis”