Voltage Modular 2 released and offers “one of the finest Juno-106 synth emulations ever created”

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Echoes in the Attic
KVRAF
8275 posts since 12 May, 2008

Post Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:58 am

The juno-60 and 106 are basically identical except for a somewhat different sounding oscillator. I find the DC60 to sound distinctly more 106, plus on the module description it says it's based on the 106. So I wonder what elements of the 60 it has. Waveforms being a hybrid of the shapes maybe? And with the arp module, I don't see what part is meant to be from the Odyssey.

What are peoples thoughts on the MS20 modules by the way? Youtube vids didn't really impress me but havent demoed yet.
System: Windows 10, Dell XPS 2-in-1, Bitwig 3, Steinberg UR44.

midi_transmission
KVRist
486 posts since 13 Feb, 2013

Re: Voltage Modular 2 released and offers “one of the finest Juno-106 synth emulations ever created”

Post Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:19 am

I used the DCO60 a bit now. I like it. It sounds great when modulated. Even when it's overlapping with Diva or TAL Juno, it's great to have it directly in VM.

I'm still not sure how I rate it compared to current top tier analog emulation. I guess it's a good sign for the quality when this is difficult to decide. :lol:

DCO60 has very smooth sounding heights. Did anybody else notice that?

I don't like Chorus I and II at the same time, but I or II alone are really good sounding.
Last edited by midi_transmission on Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SLiC
KVRAF
5287 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from North Wales

Re: Voltage Modular 2 released and offers “one of the finest Juno-106 synth emulations ever created”

Post Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:24 am

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:58 am
What are peoples thoughts on the MS20 modules by the way? Youtube vids didn't really impress me but havent demoed yet.
I can't compare it to a real MS20. but I really like the filter on this one and it sounds pretty good to me. :tu:

I like the demo system in VC, one click and you are using it!
Win 10 PC+ Surface with an X32 Desk, BWS, Live and Studio One, Hardware Synths + Eurorack, TD27 V Drums, Guitars, Basses and Amps

gentleclockdivider
KVRAF
2926 posts since 22 Mar, 2009 from gent

Post Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:25 pm

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:58 am
The juno-60 and 106 are basically identical except for a somewhat different sounding oscillator. I find the DC60 to sound distinctly more 106, plus on the module description it says it's based on the 106. So I wonder what elements of the 60 it has. Waveforms being a hybrid of the shapes maybe? And with the arp module, I don't see what part is meant to be from the Odyssey.

Juno 106 has a bass boost when hp filter is all the way down , 60 hasn’t .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

javierosr
KVRist
65 posts since 22 Feb, 2018

Post Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:31 am

I am testing this soft and is my first time using it, is complicated but is really interesant create really custom sounds, i hope buy more modules.

Return to “Modular Synthesis”