Reaktor user ensembles: safe to use?

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
KVRer
5 posts since 23 Aug, 2006 from UK

Post Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:45 am

Are you guys happy loading up Reaktor ensembles from the user library? I'm always wary of loading up random stuff downloaded from the internet but it looks like there's some awesome work to check out on the NI user library.

From my limited experience delving into Reaktor I can't see why there would be a problem but thought I'd ask opinions here.

KVRAF
6606 posts since 9 Mar, 2003 from the bridge of sighs

Post Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:53 am

safe for your computer ?..
yes ...

safe for you ?..
perhaps / perhaps not ...
you may find your relationship w/ reality under some stress ...
Image

KVRer

Topic Starter

5 posts since 23 Aug, 2006 from UK

Post Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:56 am

experimental.crow wrote: ↑
Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:53 am
safe for your computer ?..
yes ...
:tu:
experimental.crow wrote: ↑
Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:53 am
safe for you ?..
perhaps / perhaps not ...
you may find your relationship w/ reality under some stress ...
Often is

User avatar
KVRAF
4255 posts since 22 Mar, 2009 from gent

Post Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:00 pm

I am almost done coding a trojan horse , never knew this was possible in reaktor core ... it took me a while but damn... it will be rewarding ,
Will upload my ensemble to the user library first thing tommorow .πŸŒ€
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

KVRAF
6707 posts since 19 Jun, 2008 from Seattle

Post Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:12 pm

gentleclockdivider wrote: ↑
Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:00 pm
I am almost done coding a trojan horse , never knew this was possible in reaktor core ... it took me a while but damn... it will be rewarding ,
Will upload my ensemble to the user library first thing tommorow .πŸŒ€
If you name it 'trojan pony' it might not get flagged.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

KVRer
25 posts since 23 Feb, 2013

Post Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:03 am

No problems ever in using Reaktor ensembles, at least when it comes to safety regarding viruses etc.

There might be some issues, of course, if you download a newer ensemble wile using an older Reaktor version, there might be some samples missing if samples were not embedded within the .ens and it was uploaded like that, some ensembles can be a bit loud, etc. - nothing out of the ordinary.

KVRer
20 posts since 4 Jul, 2021

Post Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:19 am

Reaktor is a safe sandbox. If you open the files in Reaktor you'll be fine.

KVRer
8 posts since 15 Feb, 2021

Post Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:16 am

I wondered about this when downloading from outside the NI forum; but it is good to know that if I stick to Reaktor I should be alright. I try to remember to screen every freebie for viruses or malware, but tend to completely forget in my eagerness to get hold of the instrument.

KVRAF
28846 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Post Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:18 am

gentleclockdivider wrote: ↑
Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:00 pm
I am almost done coding a trojan horse , never knew this was possible in reaktor core ... it took me a while but damn... it will be rewarding ,
Will upload my ensemble to the user library first thing tommorow .πŸŒ€
Does it sound good?
Plugins and a DAW. On an operating system. Which runs on a computer.

User avatar
KVRAF
4255 posts since 22 Mar, 2009 from gent

Post Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:05 pm

chk071 wrote: ↑
Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:18 am
gentleclockdivider wrote: ↑
Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:00 pm
I am almost done coding a trojan horse , never knew this was possible in reaktor core ... it took me a while but damn... it will be rewarding ,
Will upload my ensemble to the user library first thing tommorow .πŸŒ€
Does it sound good?
Noppes , but the ensemble was so popular that in no time I had control over a 1'487'528 computers (and counting )
This botnet will be used to spam and dos attack the evergrowing disease that is called ' you tube influencers ' , starting with venus theory and Bobeats :lol:
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

KVRAF
6707 posts since 19 Jun, 2008 from Seattle

Post Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:16 am

gentleclockdivider wrote: ↑
Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:05 pm
chk071 wrote: ↑
Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:18 am
gentleclockdivider wrote: ↑
Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:00 pm
I am almost done coding a trojan horse , never knew this was possible in reaktor core ... it took me a while but damn... it will be rewarding ,
Will upload my ensemble to the user library first thing tommorow .πŸŒ€
Does it sound good?
Noppes , but the ensemble was so popular that in no time I had control over a 1'487'528 computers (and counting )
This botnet will be used to spam and dos attack the evergrowing disease that is called ' you tube influencers ' , starting with venus theory and Bobeats :lol:
:scared: ... (dials-back aspirations of becoming a nauseating youtube influencer) :hihi:
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Return to β€œModular Synthesis”