M4L device Modulat by Chaos Culture, gives ableton modular capabilities. Heres a demo of the latest module updates

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Banned
14 posts since 11 Sep, 2019

Post Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:19 am

KVRist
211 posts since 9 Jun, 2019 from Brisbane Australia

Post Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:45 pm

This device looks really cool in the videos but I really don't see much talk about it on any forum, even their own Facebook page. No demo available to see if it's truly worthy either.

Beware the Quoth
30016 posts since 4 Sep, 2001 from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Post Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:09 am

zoidkirb wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:45 pm
This device looks really cool in the videos but I really don't see much talk about it on any forum, even their own Facebook page. No demo available to see if it's truly worthy either.
Its only relatively recent that its been renamed as Modulat. It was previously called Signal.
This signature tells the story really, as quoting insults directed at me makes me someone with an over-inflated ego.

KVRAF
1808 posts since 6 Nov, 2006

Post Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:10 am

it's an excellent and extensive set of tools. works great. no issues here and they steadily add modules and do videos. if you're into patching stuff and like modular environments it's a big win.

KVRist

Post Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:11 pm

whyterabbyt wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:09 am
zoidkirb wrote:
Its only relatively recent that its been renamed as Modulat. It was previously called Signal.
Cool, I like that name better but I still don't see a lot of buzz for something that seems so game changing. Is this I'm definitely leaning towards picking this up eventually still. Probably I've demoed bitwig 3 and it's grid.

Banned

Topic Starter

14 posts since 11 Sep, 2019

Post Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:07 pm

zoidkirb wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:11 pm
whyterabbyt wrote:
zoidkirb wrote:
Cool, I like that name better but I still don't see a lot of buzz for something that seems so game changing. Is this I'm definitely leaning towards picking this up eventually still. Probably I've demoed bitwig 3 and it's grid.
man thats why i came here to post it. People need to know about it. Its the kind of thing you want to share with everyone. I was considering going bitwig after the grid. This made me want to stick with live. It was $80 and its well worth the pay. I find it much more valuable than almost any $200 synth. It makes ableton and everything else inside of it that much more .

KVRist

Post Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:34 pm

CharlieCrizzle wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:07 pm
zoidkirb wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:11 pm
whyterabbyt wrote:
zoidkirb wrote:
man thats why i came here to post it. People need to know about it. Its the kind of thing you want to share with everyone. I was considering going bitwig after the grid. This made me want to stick with live. It was $80 and its well worth the pay. I find it much more valuable than almost any $200 synth. It makes ableton and everything else inside of it that much more .
Yeah I agree, personally anyway good sound design comes from powerful modulation. A rack full of operators , ,wavetables , simplers being driven by modulat modules would save the need to buy a synth ever again. That's my theory anyway. I'm already doing similar stuff over in Reason but the workflow there is starting to slow me down. I will see how I'm feeling after black Friday and if I can resist other sales then I'll be picking up Modulat.

KVRAF
2147 posts since 8 Jun, 2018

Post Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:37 am

MODULAT is now in sale; 50%, with code; BLACK50 (not all products that isotonik 'serves' have this discount... most are 25% in sale now).
take me as apple as reed-son as flesh-icon, immediately
shits the wise man. hero and blind. take me as
stick as tongue as dog... Music & Soundscraping

KVRAF
31166 posts since 27 Jul, 2005 from the wilds of wanny

Post Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:59 am

Thanks @WasteLand :)

KVRAF
2147 posts since 8 Jun, 2018

Post Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:20 am

hè hè @thecontrolcentre, finally Modulat is at a price that is great, i already bought K-Devices Modular 21, but Modulat will give a lot, in a way an overlap? no not really, but i seem to have more and more need of modulation sources for ableton, automation gives also a lot, but this, well it has a truly modular nature. with all the detailed settings.

so, finally i can buy it, wasn't on my list. but o well, Plasmonic seems not to go on BF, and i acquired sonicLAB Thermo, well... in ableton, strangely, i do more experimental stuff than in bitwig, which is strange, because sounddesigners would choose bitwig..
it are the M4L possibilities, the third party, and built in stuff, especially the spectral M4L devices, and others, that give live 11 suite, that on its own is very capable, a very experimental playground.

it can also be that i more used to ableton (i have more DAW's, the most used one is Cubase Pro, but i use them all), and that bitwig, well, it has so much in it.. perhaps at a later moment, in another discussion; you can rediscover stuff you have, in new way.

and i have experimental projects in bitwig, strangely, that are also great.

well no prob, use them all...

TL;DR

Modulat, Isotonik Studios, 50%, for EU it means €51,39...
take me as apple as reed-son as flesh-icon, immediately
shits the wise man. hero and blind. take me as
stick as tongue as dog... Music & Soundscraping

Return to “Modular Synthesis”