How many SynC Modular users nowadays

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Same here - I have a huge collection of instruments made with it

Thanks, that's good to know for when I upgrade.

I still have it though I haven't used it in a while. Should dig it out again.
Dave

Bought it at v0.49 still love many of the sounds that can be pulled out of syncmodular. Pulled it up a couple of weeks ago to sample some of my old ensembles presets.

I have a boatload of .smp DX7 presets files loaded into DXG v1.6 IMHO great DX7 emulation.

Spent a couple hours last night putting together a .zip of all the presets I have for the SyncModular DX-G. About 20000 presets that I found on the net for the DX7 that I converted to .smp files. Granted their are many duplicate presets in the collection but still a couple thousand presets could be pulled from the files.

If anyone would like to host the file for all to have, send me a PM with your email address and I will send it to you it about 2.5megs. It includes all the presets, a version of DXg that I added some FX and a skins file.

Joe
Fretted Synth

BFunKu wrote:Lets just say that there are probably only about 50 or so Sync Modular users left in the world today ...
Then .. I am one of the 'old boys' .. :-) I still open it up sometimes, excellent, and elegant tool for sound design ..
ik.

It's nice to see a couple of my early ensembles included - ModSyn6 and OneShot Sampler.

Blast from the past. SynC Modular was one of the pieces of software I loved on BeOS. Used to go to sleep to the Moonbase patch on the sounscapes(?) ensemble. I never did any building but I enjoyed the ensembles as instruments.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

:cry: For sure it won't be finished or updated never, but it's a very powerful tool as an VSTi when used within an instant bounce capable environment.

It works better on my new Win 7 system than it did on my XP system, but boy, it is the dickens to keep running in Cubase 5.

Any tips for keeping it stable? (It just crashed Cubase not 5 minutes ago.)

unstable??? Maybe it's a latency problem, try to increase a bit.

I suspect it's something more than a latency issue. I have no problems running multiple instances of NI instruments in Cubase at 64 bit. SynC loads OK, but occasionally and unpredictably just red-lines the soundcard, giving me GRZZZZ on all channels, forcing me to save, quit Cubase and re-open the project.

As I said, it's running much better under Win 7's XP emulation mode in both standalone and VST mode than it did under actual XP. However I did use the install from the freeware and used the free registration code, rather than the old install and original reg code I've had in my archives since 2004 (?).

The weirdest problem I had with it was one period of time (under XP) when it simply refused to play any of the ensembles built with the Karplus Strung plucked string emulation. Odd, huh?

I'm fortunate to be able to keep it running at all, I supposed. On this latest transition to Win 7, I lost the ability to use Audiomulch, MTron, Luigi Fellici's (old-timey SynC doyen) Broken Drum Machine and Wavelab Essentials 6. The new 'puter was expensive, so any new software I buy is going to be Cubase 6 and/or Wavelab and that's it.

Maybe you should try Studio One...
I suppose it's a multicore issue of SynC, but i stopped using Cubase at SX3 and sincerely I was tired of that sound, that mix and that rude automation engine.

[quote="ik"][quote="BFunKu"]Lets just say that there are probably only about 50 or so Sync Modular users left in the world today ...[/quote]
Then .. I am one of the 'old boys' .. :-) I still open it up sometimes, excellent, and elegant tool for sound design ..
ik.[/quote]

Hey, I know this guy!

Return to “Modular Synthesis”