Cabbage = csound export as VST

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi all guys.
i'm doing some testing of Cabbage 32 and 64 and of the latest csound~ 1.1.2 (32 bit only)

so far these the result at present time.
My system is Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.
Csound 6.03.02 installed.

Cabbage 32 and 64 bit are correctly loaded by Reaper and by Max 6.1.8 vst~ object.

Live 9 does not load Cabbage VST

Max 6.1.8 32 bit gives me error when i try to load the csound~ 1.1.2 object.

There is definitely something strange going on with Live. On my system(win7 Pro) Cabbage plugins loads fine in Live9, Reaper, Renoise, etc. I'm using Live 9(32bit). Would be great if any of you could test the following 'hello world' plugin and let me know what hosts see them? It would really help me get to the bottom of this.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/113 ... ugin32.zip
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/113 ... ugin64.zip

Btw, the 64bit version of Cabbage comes with a version of Csound compiled for 64bit, so it truly is 64bit. I've also used Cabbage plugins with studio1 without a problem? Are you sure you're using the latest version of Cabbage, https://github.com/cabbageaudio/cabbage/releases ?

rorywalsh wrote:There is definitely something strange going on with Live. On my system(win7 Pro) Cabbage plugins loads fine in Live9, Reaper, Renoise, etc. I'm using Live 9(32bit). Would be great if any of you could test the following 'hello world' plugin and let me know what hosts see them? It would really help me get to the bottom of this.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/113 ... ugin32.zip
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/113 ... ugin64.zip
Your 64-bit example does the same as my own compiled 64-bit test of the included GiorgioZucco example 'Additive'; it fails to be recognised as a VST (tested in Bidule and Tracktion) and throws an error regarding a missing .dll (libgcc_s_seh-1.dll)

The 32-bit version of the example fails to be recognised by Bidule x86, throwing the error that 'procedure entry point __cxa_throw_bad_array_new_length could not be located in the dynamic link library libstdc++-6.dll' then the error that libiomp5md.dll is missing.

The 32-bit version of the same example 'Additive' is not recognised, failing with the error 'procedure entry point __gxx_personality_v0 could not be located in the dynamic link library libstdc++-6.dll'

FWIW, here, the alpha of Cabbage x64 itself also throws up errors flagging a missing .dll. In this case its liblo-7.dll
In contrast, the equivalent 32-bit version throws up errors about python27.dll being missing.

In both cases Cabbage does start up after displaying these errors, though.

I also noticed the 64-bit version gets installed to

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cabbage Audio\Cabbage64

Is it not in itself a 64-bit application?
Btw, the 64bit version of Cabbage comes with a version of Csound compiled for 64bit, so it truly is 64bit.
Is this your own build? If so, it is it available separately, or if not could you point me at it?
Last edited by whyterabbyt on Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

I've uploaded the two zip files from earlier so that they now contain the dll's needed. Would you mind trying it again? You can also grab the missing libgcc_s_seh-1.dll from there and place it into your Cabbage64 directory with the other dlls.

You can get rid of the liblo dll error by removing the osc.dll from the Cabbage64 directory. It means you no longer have OSC support, but I can sort this out in the next release. The 64bit installer is a little experimental at this stage, so please excuse the fact that some things are missing. The version you've downloaded from github is the latest one.

rory:
thanks for help!
now after copying all dlls to system32 dir
it works:)))

amazing stuff! thanks BIG TIME!

Great. You don't happen to have a copy of Live lying around the place? I'm curious to see if that basic hello world plugins loads.

rorywalsh wrote:I've uploaded the two zip files from earlier so that they now contain the dll's needed. Would you mind trying it again? You can also grab the missing libgcc_s_seh-1.dll from there and place it into your Cabbage64 directory with the other dlls.

You can get rid of the liblo dll error by removing the osc.dll from the Cabbage64 directory. It means you no longer have OSC support, but I can sort this out in the next release. The 64bit installer is a little experimental at this stage, so please excuse the fact that some things are missing. The version you've downloaded from github is the latest one.
Hmmm, Ive tried that now, and I can get your x64 example working under Tracktion64, but my cabbage-compiled version of Additive wont, and Bidule64 wont recognise either, and neither will Live9 x64
Meanwhile, Bidule32 wont recognise your x86 example or my compiled Additive, and neither will AudioMulch or Live9 x86.

my hosts: Reaper and Renoise
system: win xp sp3 32bit
all working ok here!

Thanks for testing this. I'm surprised that exporting a 32bit plugin version of the Additive synth doesn't work with Bidule32. It's working fine for me here both in Bidule and in Live (32bit). Do you have both versions of Cabbage installed? Have you tried with the 32bit version also?

rorywalsh wrote:Thanks for testing this. I'm surprised that exporting a 32bit plugin version of the Additive synth doesn't work with Bidule32. It's working fine for me here both in Bidule and in Live (32bit). Do you have both versions of Cabbage installed? Have you tried with the 32bit version also?
Yeah, Im building with the appropriate version of Cabbage. I edited my earlier post after you'd replied to it, but its now got all the info in it regarding the error messages I was getting for both versions; If I build a plugin in Cabbage32, Bidule32 returns the ''procedure entry point __gxx_personality_v0 could not be located in the dynamic link library libstdc++-6.dll' error when scanning it. Audiomulch lists them, but wont load them, and Live32 doesnt list them.

back:
fx work and show the interface
but the synths not !:(
i tried rubbed resonator and the interface is black/no controlls:(

Now that's interesting. Ive just rebooted, and its now behaving much better.
Bidule 32 is still not seeing MinWin32.dll though.

However before I rebooted I compiled another GiorgoZucco example, Bell. Bidule has always been fussy about plugin ID duplication, and this time it merely whinged that Bell.dll was a duplicate.
However Additive.dll is now recognised, and listed in Bidule32. When you try and open it, it throws up a succession of 'missing dll' errors (fluidsynth and a few others, I'll compile this list if you want), but once that's done, the UI appears and I get audio from it. Audiomulch and Live9 32 both see Bell and Additive, but not MingWin32.

Bidule 64 now does the same thing reporting Bell as being a duplicate ID, but it'll load MingWin64 and Additive.

my problem is
how the hell fx work ok here
and instruments show black interface!?:)
they don't use the same dlls!?:)

wakax wrote:my problem is
how the hell fx work ok here
and instruments show black interface!?:)
they don't use the same dlls!?:)
Just tested 'Band Filter' as a 64-bit effect in Live9 x64 and its working... the only thing 'wrong' is that the two buttons on the bottom left-hand-corner are only partially visible.

If you've not rebooted your system since installing Cabbage, I'd give that a go.

Rory; the duplicate plugin ID thing came into play in Bidule again; wouldnt load Band Filter until I removed Additive, Bell etc. Is there somewhere we can override the ID?

even after reboot:
all work to compile.
all show in vst host as plugins.
some work ok and some show a black rectangle and no sound instead the gui.
like the example below: 1 works the other not!
capture-1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by wakax on Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Modular Synthesis”