Cabbage = csound export as VST

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
rorywalsh
KVRer
20 posts since 26 Aug, 2014

Post Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:15 am

THat's good to know, but you really shouldn't need to copy and paste those dlls into your system dir. They are included with the Cabbage installer and as long as the installer has set the path up correctly you shouldn't need to do anything else. Regardless of this I'm glad to now it's working for you. Btw, there is a user forum at www.thecabbagefoundation.org, and a new website is on its way. Along with the ability to export as an Android .apk

Right now I need to figure out the problems with Ableton Live.

wakax
KVRAF
1778 posts since 22 Mar, 2002 from Timisoara, Romania

Re: Cabbage = csound export as VST

Post Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:19 am

thanks Rory!:)
what about export on iOS!?
that will be really interesting:)

rorywalsh
KVRer
20 posts since 26 Aug, 2014

Re: Cabbage = csound export as VST

Post Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:27 am

That'll take a little more time but it's planned, that and AUs.

rorywalsh
KVRer
20 posts since 26 Aug, 2014

Re: Cabbage = csound export as VST

Post Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:52 am

There are new versions available here which should address the issues with the plugin ID.
https://github.com/cabbageaudio/cabbage ... ag/v0.5.12
I'm still trying to figure out what the hell is going on with Live.

User avatar
Totolitoto
KVRAF
1868 posts since 7 Jan, 2004 from Earth

Re: Cabbage = csound export as VST

Post Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:20 am

So, we can finally have a morphing VST???!!
Who will do it? :p

User avatar
VariKusBrainZ
KVRAF
8533 posts since 16 Dec, 2002

Re: Cabbage = csound export as VST

Post Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:25 am

Is there a way to increase the size of the exported VST GUI controls?

User avatar
whyterabbyt
Beware the Quoth
26231 posts since 4 Sep, 2001 from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Re: Cabbage = csound export as VST

Post Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:40 am

VariKusBrainZ wrote:Is there a way to increase the size of the exported VST GUI controls?
Change the control size in the <cabbage> section of the csound file.

For example : from options, open Examples->IainMcCurdy-Effects->BreakbeatCutter

then, from Options, open the csound file from View Source Editor.

find the line that says
<cabbage>
and a couple of lines below that there's the line

rslider bounds( 10, 25, 70, 70), colour("Tan"), trackercolour("Tan"), fontcolour("silver"), text("Sub-div."), channel("subdiv"), range(1, 512, 8, 1, 1)

change that to

rslider bounds( 10, 25, 90, 90), colour("Tan"), trackercolour("Tan"), fontcolour("silver"), text("Sub-div."), channel("subdiv"), range(1, 512, 8, 1, 1)

and then save the edited version of the file with

File->Save As

Voila, one big knob(*)


(* This line brought to you by the Robojam Quotable Innuendo Corporation)
"The bearer of this signature is a genuine and authorised pope."

User avatar
whyterabbyt
Beware the Quoth
26231 posts since 4 Sep, 2001 from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Re: Cabbage = csound export as VST

Post Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:56 am

damn, double-post
Last edited by whyterabbyt on Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The bearer of this signature is a genuine and authorised pope."

User avatar
whyterabbyt
Beware the Quoth
26231 posts since 4 Sep, 2001 from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Re: Cabbage = csound export as VST

Post Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:58 am

rorywalsh wrote:There are new versions available here which should address the issues with the plugin ID.
https://github.com/cabbageaudio/cabbage ... ag/v0.5.12
It doesnt appear to have, at least not in Bidule64. Also, the exported synth it is seeing is now called CabbageEffectNam not Buzz as it was before. (Its definitely not been exported an effect, despite that name.)

Also Cabbage now exits the second youve done an export.
"The bearer of this signature is a genuine and authorised pope."

rorywalsh
KVRer
20 posts since 26 Aug, 2014

Re: Cabbage = csound export as VST

Post Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:28 am

That's definitely not right. On the plus side I think I've found the issue with Live. Let me fix the other problem too and I'll upload a new installer. Thanks for your patience!

edit: I've taken down those binaries, I'll let you know when I get the new ones uploaded.

User avatar
VariKusBrainZ
KVRAF
8533 posts since 16 Dec, 2002

Re: Cabbage = csound export as VST

Post Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:08 am

whyterabbyt wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:Is there a way to increase the size of the exported VST GUI controls?
Change the control size in the <cabbage> section of the csound file.

For example : from options, open Examples->IainMcCurdy-Effects->BreakbeatCutter

then, from Options, open the csound file from View Source Editor.

find the line that says
<cabbage>
and a couple of lines below that there's the line

rslider bounds( 10, 25, 70, 70), colour("Tan"), trackercolour("Tan"), fontcolour("silver"), text("Sub-div."), channel("subdiv"), range(1, 512, 8, 1, 1)

change that to

rslider bounds( 10, 25, 90, 90), colour("Tan"), trackercolour("Tan"), fontcolour("silver"), text("Sub-div."), channel("subdiv"), range(1, 512, 8, 1, 1)

and then save the edited version of the file with

File->Save As

Voila, one big knob(*)


(* This line brought to you by the Robojam Quotable Innuendo Corporation)
Thanks, I was thinking these values just changed the positioning of the controls.

Now I have to figure out where to put my big nob :D

User avatar
VariKusBrainZ
KVRAF
8533 posts since 16 Dec, 2002

Re: Cabbage = csound export as VST

Post Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:11 am

Some really cool videos here, including the Cabbage Patcher and Table editors, I assume these have been scrapped??

http://vimeo.com/user5771754/videos

User avatar
VariKusBrainZ
KVRAF
8533 posts since 16 Dec, 2002

Re: Cabbage = csound export as VST

Post Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:12 am

And with the 'Toggle Edit-mode' you can add, move and resize screen elements :D

User avatar
VariKusBrainZ
KVRAF
8533 posts since 16 Dec, 2002

Re: Cabbage = csound export as VST

Post Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:36 am

VariKusBrainZ wrote:And with the 'Toggle Edit-mode' you can add, move and resize screen elements :D

So Im now wondering if Cabbage could be used as a quick and simple tool for banging together multitouch control interfaces that could be midi mapped to other plugins and elements within the VST host :hyper:

rorywalsh
KVRer
20 posts since 26 Aug, 2014

Re: Cabbage = csound export as VST

Post Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:25 pm

I've had to put the Cabbage patcher on hold for a while to finish other things. But the table editor is almost there with some nice new features. Not sure I following the multitouch question but Cabbage plugins can output MIDI messages which can then be sent anywhere your host allows. This kind of thing is useful in generating notes and rhythms on the fly. Updated binaries on their way..

Return to “Modular Synthesis”