Reaktor 6 a couple of general questions.

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Reaktor

Hey, good to see you Dean!
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Dean Aka Nekro wrote:Am I correct in saying that the pay for official Native Instrument's REAKTOR stuff such as Razor, Prism, Monark, The Mouth...etc. I know there are plenty of others that just slip my mind, When bought run in REAKTOR player, However if you have a full REAKTOR license when/if you buy them then you are able to dig deeper, incorporate stuff from something into another something, Save it for instant recall...etc. Right?
Yes, here's as an example a Core Cell inside Prism:

So if I am still remembering things rightly for the most part (As I've been gone a while from keeping up to speed with all the good people & some of good friend's here, I've missed a heck of a lot of releases, The people more though). REAKTOR really can be whatever you want/need it to be
Besides exploring modular synthesis (I bought it originally mostly for Blocks) and learning building, I now use stuff from the User Library for delays, reverbs, tape effects, synths, drum machines, beatboxes and sample mangling... and keep finding new ways to use it in my music. It's hard to imagine growing out of it, especially when I have so much to learn. It has replaced many plugins, and whenever something new is released I measure it against Reaktor.

With 199 euros it's a bargain, with long lasting value. Bit of a gushy rant here :oops: , but hey, I honestly think it's a fantastic piece of software and definitely recommend it to anyone. :tu:

What is a "macro"? and a "snapshot"?

I have or full ensambles already ready or ensamble I create linking the modules/blocks? I want.

When I want to save a preset or an ensamble I just go file->save preset/ensamble.

So I can't understand this instrument/macros/blocks/ensambles differences
nor this snapshot thing

:shrug:

mementus wrote:What is a "macro"? and a "snapshot"?

I have or full ensambles already ready or ensamble I create linking the modules/blocks? I want.

When I want to save a preset or an ensamble I just go file->save preset/ensamble.

nor this snapshot thing

Have you gone through the Getting Started document and other manuals?
These features are very well documented, you'll need to grasp them to use Reaktor effectively.

Winstontaneous wrote:

nor this snapshot thing

Have you gone through the Getting Started document and other manuals?
These features are very well documented, you'll need to grasp them to use Reaktor effectively.
Yeah, at some point, you actually have to sit down and do the work with this. There's really quite a lot to learn between using ensembles and building them. It's not too hard to get to the stage where you're just combining other people's macros at a block level, but you're not going to get there by just asking a few questions on here.

I looked inside the full manual into Reaktor and there weren't the descriptions I needed now on the web I found the getting started one and they are there https://www.native-instruments.com/file ... 122016.pdf

thx.

I try to make something more clear, the Reaktor structure is easy to understand.

Core Cell - high level DSP / visual programming language for a lot of applications to build from scratch
Macros - combination of Core cells with basic functions on primary level factory modules (sampler/filter/mixer/midi etc.), reusable general purpose functions
Instruments - the common name for a complete build - synth/sampler/fx etc.
Blocks - Blocks are instruments which use a semi-modular approach, patches will be saved as ensembles
Ensemble - a complete setup, with predefined in/out ports, can hold a combination of instruments/fx like an orchestra/studio setup/modularsynth/blocks

whyterabbyt wrote:Hey, good to see you Dean!
Thanks man, Same as always to your good self.
.jon wrote:
Dean Aka Nekro wrote:Am I correct in saying that the pay for official Native Instrument's REAKTOR stuff such as Razor, Prism, Monark, The Mouth...etc. I know there are plenty of others that just slip my mind, When bought run in REAKTOR player, However if you have a full REAKTOR license when/if you buy them then you are able to dig deeper, incorporate stuff from something into another something, Save it for instant recall...etc. Right?
Yes, here's as an example a Core Cell inside Prism:

So if I am still remembering things rightly for the most part (As I've been gone a while from keeping up to speed with all the good people & some of good friend's here, I've missed a heck of a lot of releases, The people more though). REAKTOR really can be whatever you want/need it to be
Besides exploring modular synthesis (I bought it originally mostly for Blocks) and learning building, I now use stuff from the User Library for delays, reverbs, tape effects, synths, drum machines, beatboxes and sample mangling... and keep finding new ways to use it in my music. It's hard to imagine growing out of it, especially when I have so much to learn. It has replaced many plugins, and whenever something new is released I measure it against Reaktor.

With 199 euros it's a bargain, with long lasting value. Bit of a gushy rant here :oops: , but hey, I honestly think it's a fantastic piece of software and definitely recommend it to anyone. :tu:
Hello .jon man, Thanks for the reply to keep me informed, Yeah that is what I thought in the back of my mind but it's just a tad bit rusty and full of other junk that scrambles/fries it too much :hihi: cobwebs are probably causing interference also!

Hey I am very much into passionate, personal experience replies about stuff people love and also stuff they do not, So when I read a glowing review especially when something grows with you/does not have a cut off point that is always great to hear about. Honestly it makes me note down to retry/properly demo something a lot of the time, So yeah gushy rants you'll never see me complain about (I have in the past got a little tired of seeing certain things just dogpiled on, low blow level which isn't pleasant, That's mostly an exception though). So REAKTOR 6 is on the list for when I'm running my full setup for sure.

It's not always so easy to get across to people with the tools of just text and emoticons/smilies on screen since it has and always will lack in the flesh stuff like tone of voice, facial expressions, body language and everything that we use as cues, Therefore I always try to make sure I do my best to get across what I mean/the message I'm trying to convey as I would in person...Not always successfully of course, What I've missed loads about KVR is the audio related ball busting and self-deprecating humour for a few examples when I said how all the normal social media stuff is useful/has a place used sparingly but forum is superior as I'm bound to always catch people I know, consider friend's plus new people that I don't know but probably will get along with :)

Cheers and all the best your way and to all as always :tu:

Dean > Forum is superior :borg:

nor this snapshot thing

I remember snapshots being another term for a rapid way to instantly recall eight (or whatever number it is) of settings to the loaded overall whatever it is you are using, A bit like Cakewalk's SONAR DAW along with being able to Morph between the snapshots like Ohm Force's plugins allow you to do. Yeah I found this video that covers it, Hope it's useful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpu34vfWji0 I'm sure there are a heck of a lot more should you hunt mementus :)

All the best :tu:

Dean

Return to “Modular Synthesis”