Clavia Nord MODULAR G2 SOFTWARE

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Amram
KVRian
538 posts since 12 Jan, 2013 from Foolish Shepherd = God

Post Sun May 07, 2017 10:18 am

Yes
I ment the demo

Amram
KVRian

Re: Clavia Nord MODULAR G2 SOFTWARE

Post Sun May 07, 2017 10:21 am

I heard the demo , imo , today all the modern plugins sound much better than nord modular g2 .
not to speak about the virus ti .
even nord lead 4 that i have the keyboard ver .
the virus ti much better from nord modular g2 and nord lead 4.

whyterabbyt
Beware the Quoth
26231 posts since 4 Sep, 2001 from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Post Mon May 08, 2017 1:36 am

michaelbrac wrote:I heard the demo , imo , today all the modern plugins sound much better than nord modular g2
I own a G2 and 'all the modern plugins' and disagree. Then again, Ive spent more than a day with them :shrug:

FWIW the demo isnt particularly representative of the hardware, since it is monophonic, monotimbral, missing some of the modules, and only runs at half the sample rate.
"The bearer of this signature is a genuine and authorised pope."

Amram
KVRian

Post Mon May 08, 2017 8:43 am

Too bad they guy patch it didnt post the voice patch.
only 1 voice the g2 demo have.
He said he will patch it, but bad luck for us.

aMUSEd
KVRAF
29813 posts since 14 Sep, 2002 from In teh net

Post Mon May 08, 2017 9:31 am

whyterabbyt wrote:
michaelbrac wrote:I heard the demo , imo , today all the modern plugins sound much better than nord modular g2
I own a G2 and 'all the modern plugins' and disagree. Then again, Ive spent more than a day with them :shrug:

FWIW the demo isnt particularly representative of the hardware, since it is monophonic, monotimbral, missing some of the modules, and only runs at half the sample rate.
Exactly

Devastator
KVRer
22 posts since 24 Feb, 2013

Post Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:50 pm

whyterabbyt wrote:

No, it runs at the full sampling rate, the modules it is missing are mainly the FM ones and monophonic and "monotimbral" are not an impediment to sounding good (very much so when the synth in question can have a ton of different sound sources, filters, modulators and sequencers all in the same patch).

ghettosynth
KVRAF
11287 posts since 13 Oct, 2009

Post Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:07 pm

In any case, if one really wants to use the demo, it's not impossible, you just have to treat it as an external synth. I personally don't think that it's worth the effort, but, ymmv and all that.

nix808
KVRAF
3631 posts since 22 Jul, 2006 from Tasmania, Australia

Post Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:36 pm

+1 for Wren- it is prolly the same experience to using G2, only minor audio differences-
that will be good or bad only depending on taste,
and 1 module you might be preferent to Wren, and then to G2 in another IMO
AFAIK Wren is just as capable

AudioTraveler
KVRist
32 posts since 4 Apr, 2015

Post Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:06 pm

nix808 wrote:+1 for Wren- it is prolly the same experience to using G2, only minor audio differences-
that will be good or bad only depending on taste,
and 1 module you might be preferent to Wren, and then to G2 in another IMO
AFAIK Wren is just as capable
As a G2 owner i couldn't agree more and would also say it has way more functionality than the G2.. And to clarify that G2 has 165 modules whilst Wren has 239.. For those that have an eye on Wren and are just waiting for stuff to happen, i suggest you don't wait instead use it and report the flaws/bugs or whatever it is that you find as problematic.. As one man simply can not think of everything and find all the bugs..

And for those that doesn't know what Wren is: http://bluehell.electro-music.com/wren/

Amram
KVRian

Post Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:59 pm

When i am loading file in :Clavia Nord MODULAR G2 SOFTWARE , i am getting : "can't load file".
any idea?
i am on sierra 10.13.3 with wine.

gentleclockdivider
KVRian
1183 posts since 22 Mar, 2009 from gent

Post Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:21 am

Amram wrote:I heard the demo , imo , today all the modern plugins sound much better than nord modular g2 .
not to speak about the virus ti .
even nord lead 4 that i have the keyboard ver .
the virus ti much better from nord modular g2 and nord lead 4.
Dude , the virus can't even do feedback loops ., nor filter and osc audio rate .modulation .
The control /update rate of the virus is a bloody joke .
Nord modular update control rate is 24 Khz rate, and what's even better ...in the g2 all audio destination inputs are dynamic when modulating them , iow ..then can be updated 96Khz
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Mattt12345
KVRist
66 posts since 2 Feb, 2018

Post Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:35 am

I never would buy a G2 because of the sound. This is replaceable. Especially after 14 years.
But with the Hardware it is still the best solution to bring a lot of Modular parametres in one Controller.

But in the End, Reaktor Blocks are well integrale in Komplete Keyboards. If there would an impresive patch on G2. I would scan the libary on NI Komplete to find something similar.

The G2 is cool. I owned one and sell them for 950 Euro. I can not really understand that high price at the moment (3 octave without expansion)

EvilDragon
KVRAF
17083 posts since 7 Jan, 2009 from Croatia

Post Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:48 am

The price is like that because of their scarcity, I'd assume. There weren't very many of them sold. Try finding a G2X, those are really rare...

Mattt12345
KVRist
66 posts since 2 Feb, 2018

Post Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:15 pm

rare parts... If something broken , the cards are bad for replacement.
I know from the Virus B(1999- 2004)
that where no replacement parts from the developer anymore. This was 4 years ago.

The G2 was released from 2004- 2009.

nix808
KVRAF
3631 posts since 22 Jul, 2006 from Tasmania, Australia

Post Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:23 am

It runs on Win10 with no compatibility mode,
on my desky anyway

Return to “Modular Synthesis”