VCV Rack

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Loopus Modules Sonus Modular treasure 0.5 treasure free bundle VCV Rack

chis wrote:I bet no-one else noticed this. I renamed RACK.EXE to VCVRACK.EXE because I wanted to make it less generic sounding in my list of audio programs... and that causes none of the modules to appear in the right-click menu. Upon renaming the executable back to RACK.EXE, all modules appear. Odd.
maybe it NEEDS to be called "RACK.exe" and nothing else?

I renamed to Rack 0.4.0.exe because I want to keep the old 0.3.2 and quit with and error. I Think some dependencies are tied to the name rack.exe

A question:
I have a DAW (FL Studio) and a virtual midi cable (LoopBE1) and it's sending midi clock. Is there a way to sync a VCVrack sequencer to that?

klinik wrote:I renamed to Rack 0.4.0.exe because I want to keep the old 0.3.2 and quit with and error. I Think some dependencies are tied to the name rack.exe
Won't that cause a bit of a mess with the modules of 0.32 being incompatible with 0.4 (and vice versa)

I tried to search for it - I'm not sure if this is one of the problems mentioned here in the topic, but I don't see the text descriptions on most of the modules. Attached a screenshot with it.

I'm on OSX - 10.11.6. VCV Rack 0.4.0.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ha, that looks like Rack-censored version. No idea, and that's the first time I've seen that issue.

On renaming Rack.exe, I'm not sure why anything would be tied to the name. I'll have to give that a test.
VCV Rack, the Eurorack simulator

vortico wrote:Ha, that looks like Rack-censored version. No idea, and that's the first time I've seen that issue.
Can I help to debug it?

If you have programming experience, I'd ask you to compile Rack and hack the drawSVG() function in SVGWidget.cpp to see if you can fix it. Otherwise, it would be too difficult to debug over a forum.

0.4.0 seems less responsive when it comes to moving knobs and dragging cables, at least on mac. There is noticeable delay between clicking on the control and dragging - I have to wait a little so it becomes "active" to move. I can't just click and immediately drag cable from any jack like in previous versions, it won't "catch" it that quickly. I hope you know what I mean.
https://spektralisk.com/products | Sound libraries for: Massive X, Pigments, Vital, Razor, Kontour and more | Free sounds → Sound Flux

I can add an FPS counter in the development branch on Github. If you're able to compile from source, you could check if the framerate is dipping to 15FPS or something. I can't imagine it would be any other reason, but maybe it isn't based on framerate.

UnfortunateIy I have no time to check it right now. Just reporting the problem I encountered so you're aware. Thanks.
https://spektralisk.com/products | Sound libraries for: Massive X, Pigments, Vital, Razor, Kontour and more | Free sounds → Sound Flux

Loving VCV Rack, especially the new update with the stackable outputs!

I have two sets of plugins that won't show up though: Strums and LuckyXXL. I'm not a programmer, so Github is totally new to me, but as I'm reading I'm thinking they need to be "compiled", is that correct? Is that something I can learn to do?

srcodling wrote:Loving VCV Rack, especially the new update with the stackable outputs!

I have two sets of plugins that won't show up though: Strums and LuckyXXL. I'm not a programmer, so Github is totally new to me, but as I'm reading I'm thinking they need to be "compiled", is that correct? Is that something I can learn to do?
I followed Andrew's instructions on the github page and everything worked for me. If you're on a mac and it doesn't post back and I'll try to help.

If you're on windows, Autodafe made a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaoY_UCPdnM. He covers the main rack there but it is the same proceure for the modules.

cd to /plugins
git clone thepluginURL
cd to the plugin folder just created by the clone
git submodule update --init --recursive
make
cd ..
rinse and repeat

Thanks so much! I will have to try that... And sorry, yes I'm on Windows so this should work for me :-)

Been playing around with VCV Rack today and it's really fun! Can't wait for the VST wrapper :party:
By the way: would it be possible, to compile VCV for a RaspberryPi?

Return to “Modular Synthesis”