VCV Rack

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Loopus Modules Sonus Modular treasure 0.5 treasure free bundle VCV Rack

sixstringeek wrote:
This is the common error explaining what you are missing from the saved state of that creators patch.

It was created with the first version of rack and saving in your session will clear that error and also from the “manage plugins”you need to add the ML Modules plugins. Close rack and reopen. There is still no real-time plugin addition.

After you add the modules and save the patch the next time you open the errors should clear. Caution this will start to show you some of the paid plugins you will want and personally I’m now about $150into this platform, so watch out! You will get hooked on adding modules it’s SO GOOD!! Also welcome. I own Reaktor Blocks too and this is still the more realistic experience. I like both but vcv rack is on Fire. :harp: :band2: :band2:
:)

Okay, saving old patches removes the error message but the modules are still not loading.

It seems that adding free plugIns from the plugin manager is not possible at the moment and we have to wait until vcv 1.0 will be released as it states on the vcv homepage :

"Note: Automatic downloads for third-party free plugins has been disabled and will return after Rack 1.0 is released. In the meantime, direct download links to ZIP packages are provided for each operating system."

I added the plugins via the Zip packages but the error still remains after reloading some re-saved pathes.
Its weird that opening other pathes including the same "missing" plugins is working.
For instance :Both patches "On-The-Run-attempt" and "Generative-Ambient-Ducking-Patch_Song" are containing the 8 channel drum mixer by Autodafe.
Opening "On-The-Run-attempt" is working fine but "Generative-Ambient-Ducking-Patch_Song" is missing the 8 channel drum mixer as well as some other already installed plugins which are installed via Zip.

EDIT : Symptom Cause and Solution
if anyone's interested / https://github.com/VCVRack/Rack/issues/765

CabbageRack..........csound with GUIs

In development.

VST export has been around for a while and works great.

http://forum.cabbageaudio.com/t/cabbagerack/945

https://github.com/rorywalsh/CabbageRack
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote:CabbageRack..........csound with GUIs

In development.

VST export has been around for a while and works great.

http://forum.cabbageaudio.com/t/cabbagerack/945

https://github.com/rorywalsh/CabbageRack
Awseome. Rory just keeps pushing csound further and further. I was impressed when I discovered he had Unity integration, then fmod, but this is niftier still.

As is the fact that that Nord G2 -> Csound convertor I posted about a month ago is being brought to Cabbage.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Oh, and it seems like 0.6 of VCV is incoming Real Soon Now, with the mooted route-to-VST support.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Awesome, Id abandoned VCV until this was released, works perfectly and simply.

CC messages dont update the GUI on VCV Rack though they do work.

autodafe wrote:I agree, 32 bits is quite obsolete technology nowadays, most half-decent machines are 64 bits...there would be no reason to mantain 2 different versions
for people that prefer a fast simple daw without the hassle of gigs upon gigs of sample libraries to make their music, x32 is more than enough bits :idea:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
Awesome, Id abandoned VCV until this was released, works perfectly and simply.

CC messages dont update the GUI on VCV Rack though they do work.
Im kind of wishing the Bridge transmitted the Daws Tempo back into into VCV, or does it?

VariKusBrainZ wrote: CC messages dont update the GUI on VCV Rack though they do work.
The MIDI-CC module shouldn't give any indication of the CC value, so I'm not sure what you're referring to. It just emits voltage signals on their ports. If you have a cable patched on an output, you should see the plug lights turn to green as you turn up the value though.
layzer wrote: for people that prefer a fast simple daw without the hassle of gigs upon gigs of sample libraries to make their music, x32 is more than enough bits :idea:
The term "64-bit" doesn't just refer to the addressable physical memory space. It refers to the AMD64/x86_64 extension set of the your processor and includes most features that have been released on CPUs since the 2000's, like SSE, SSE2, SSE4, AVX, and FMA, all of which will accelerate the processing of samples. If you have a modern CPU but are running 32-bit software, you don't get access to those extensions.
VariKusBrainZ wrote: Im kind of wishing the Bridge transmitted the Daws Tempo back into into VCV, or does it?
VSTi/AU instrument plugins with MIDI and DAW clock transport will be added in a later Rack 0.6.* update. https://github.com/VCVRack/Rack/blob/v0 ... -201803-29
VCV Rack, the Eurorack simulator

VCV Rack 0.6.0 is now officially released at https://vcvrack.com/ .

This is the largest update ever with nearly 300 commits and 3 months of development effort. See the change-log for a list of new features and fixes. https://github.com/VCVRack/Rack/blob/v0 ... -201803-29
VCV Rack, the Eurorack simulator

Im now on board, just bought the awesome Vult modules :)

Until the Instrument version of VCV Bridge comes out, there doesn't appear to be a way to use Bridge effectively in a DAW. There is no way to get MIDI data into VCV Bridge.

Return audio is working fine, so at best you have to use some other method of getting MIDI in, like an IAC port on Mac.
Last edited by teilo on Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:02 am, edited 4 times in total.

teilo wrote:Until the Instrument version of VCV Rack comes out, there doesn't appear to be a way to use Bridge in Ableton at all, because there is no way to get MIDI into Bridge. Ableton will not let you send MIDI to an effect plugin.
Since when ??!!

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
teilo wrote:Until the Instrument version of VCV Rack comes out, there doesn't appear to be a way to use Bridge in Ableton at all, because there is no way to get MIDI into Bridge. Ableton will not let you send MIDI to an effect plugin.
Since when ??!!
How about you explain how if you are so sure it is possible. There is no way to do this. You can send MIDI to either another MIDI track, or an Instrument plugin on another track. You cannot send MIDI to an Audio track, or to an Effect plugin on another track. Try it yourself if you are so sure it works.

Here are your options when you have VCV Bridge on an audio track:

teilo wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:
Since when ??!!
How about you explain how if you are so sure it is possible. There is no way to do this. You can send MIDI to either another MIDI track, or an Instrument plugin on another track. You cannot send MIDI to an Audio track, or to an Effect plugin on another track. Try it yourself if you are so sure it works.

Here are your options when you have VCV Bridge on an audio track:

Sorry, I was questioning your stance on sending midi to effects, which you can.

It just depends on the plugin.

It happens that you cant send midi to VCV Rack in Live.

Return to “Modular Synthesis”