VCV Rack

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Loopus Modules Sonus Modular treasure 0.5 treasure free bundle VCV Rack

overhishead wrote:how about creating a vst plugin that audifies midi as a pulse code? that way midi in theory could be sent over audio, assuming there was an interpreter module in VCV.
Or, I could just send MIDI as MIDI with the Bridge (which actually already happens with the 16 CC automation parameters), which is how the upcoming VST instrument plugin will work.
VCV Rack, the Eurorack simulator

:tu:

vortico wrote:
overhishead wrote:how about creating a vst plugin that audifies midi as a pulse code? that way midi in theory could be sent over audio, assuming there was an interpreter module in VCV.
Or, I could just send MIDI as MIDI with the Bridge (which actually already happens with the 16 CC automation parameters), which is how the upcoming VST instrument plugin will work.
nice, i didn't know that was possible yet. maybe i was just talking about how to send midi over an audio channel in the absence of a midi engine.

but if modules like that don't exist yet, i'm sure someone will eventually do it.

Hi guys, i’m such a noob that i felt stupid to ask this question, but i’ve yet to find a helping answer on using VCVBridge in FL Studio. As much as i really enjoy using the standalone app i would really like to record and multitrack the sounds that i have created in Rack.
I’ve added the VCVBridge in my mixer effects list, but that seems to do nothing. I would really appreciate the step by step instruction because all i could find on the internet is instructions for Ableton only.
Thank you very much.

Another potentially nooby question - does anyone know how it's possible to use Ableton Link through Stellare 's vcv-link module:
https://github.com/stellare-modular/vcv-link
but, to transmit the clock as well as start/stop (w Live10) to sync VCV to/with via Link directly over Wifi/Ad-hoc (without the need for virtual midi ports a la LoopBe/LoopMidi) ?

Cheers.
c.

Late to the party on this but it's the best thing since sliced crackers. It might just satisfy my modular lust.
And free too... Why? How? The dude should be selling this.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote:Late to the party on this but it's the best thing since sliced crackers. It might just satisfy my modular lust.
And free too... Why? How? The dude should be selling this.
The world needed an open-source platform for music creation based on Eurorack and modular synthesizers.

Instead of selling Rack, I sell VCV plugins to fund the development of each Rack release. The newest is VCV Parametra, so check it out if you like Rack development to continue!

I've finally created a Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/vcvrack/. I'll make Rack and plugin annoucements there as well as the Twitter account at https://twitter.com/vcvrack.

In other news, I've started a work-in-progress DSP guide at https://vcvrack.com/manual/DSP.html for plugin developers. It's about 25% complete right now but currently covers many topics for creating high-quality audio generators and processors.

I can't run VCV Rack at all.

I downloaded and installed Rack-0.6.1-win.exe ... unpacked Fundamental.zip ... double clicked Rack.exe ... and nothing ... and no error message. Something fundamental must be going on but beats me what it could be. Anyone have any pointers?

Specs: Windows 10 x64 v1803, NVIDIA 960, Open GL 4.6, 32Gb memory.

KenB

TexLoco5 wrote:I can't run VCV Rack at all.

I downloaded and installed Rack-0.6.1-win.exe ... unpacked Fundamental.zip ... double clicked Rack.exe ... and nothing ... and no error message. Something fundamental must be going on but beats me what it could be. Anyone have any pointers?

Specs: Windows 10 x64 v1803, NVIDIA 960, Open GL 4.6, 32Gb memory.

KenB
From the site:

A few people are experiencing a crash on launch. If this is happening to you, simply re-download and install Rack. I've released a small hotfix that should solve this issue.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

@SLiC

Well ... it wasn't really crashing ... double clicking the .exe just did nothing. At any rate ... I re downloaded and reinstalled and it looks like I'm in business.

Thanks for the help!

KenB

ezzong wrote:Hi guys, i’m such a noob that i felt stupid to ask this question, but i’ve yet to find a helping answer on using VCVBridge in FL Studio. As much as i really enjoy using the standalone app i would really like to record and multitrack the sounds that i have created in Rack.
I’ve added the VCVBridge in my mixer effects list, but that seems to do nothing. I would really appreciate the step by step instruction because all i could find on the internet is instructions for Ableton only.
Thank you very much.
You mean you get no sound? You need to send midi to VCVBridge as you would in a normal fashion.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Halonmusic wrote:
ezzong wrote:Hi guys, i’m such a noob that i felt stupid to ask this question, but i’ve yet to find a helping answer on using VCVBridge in FL Studio. As much as i really enjoy using the standalone app i would really like to record and multitrack the sounds that i have created in Rack.
Thank you very much.
You mean you get no sound? You need to send midi to VCVBridge as you would in a normal fashion.
No you don't.

@ezzong: You still have VCV Rack open right? The Bridge is just that, a bridge - it doesn't produce sound by itself.

vortico wrote:I've finally created a Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/vcvrack/. I'll make Rack and plugin annoucements there as well as the Twitter account at https://twitter.com/vcvrack.

In other news, I've started a work-in-progress DSP guide at https://vcvrack.com/manual/DSP.html for plugin developers. It's about 25% complete right now but currently covers many topics for creating high-quality audio generators and processors.

Firstly, congratulations on making such amazing software! Everyone I know who has used it loves it, the sound and resizable GUI are superb....as a Eurorack user I was instantly at home, and with Bitwig it is truly next level.

Why don’t you make a free Dev Forum on KVR, I am sure there would be a lot of interest?

Can I be cheeky and make a tiny feature request...the rack looks amazing on. MS Surface Tablet and runs amazingly well, the dream, a portable modular! But, the knobs don’t work well with touch....can you fix this?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Halonmusic wrote:
Thank you very much.
I don't use FL but the principles are the same.

VCV Bridge is no longer a VST effect but is now a VST instrument. You need to route audio to it if you want to pass audio from DAW to Rack.

In the Rack Audio module you need to switch to 'Bridge' at the top and then choose a port.

You need to choose the same port for that instance in the Bridge VST.

Route audio to or from the bridge VST in your DAW.

Examine the Midi-1, Midi-4 and Midi-CC modules in Rack|Core to see what types of midi messages you can send from DAW to Rack.

At the current time there is no midi out from Rack to DAW (there are [complex] ways of fudging it with midi-CV conversion at both ends).

Return to “Modular Synthesis”