Not another Live 10 thread : MAX/MSP 8 on its way (and in Live 10)

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So I thought I'd misread when I briefly thought the version of max/msp in the Live10 beta flagged itself as max 8.
Then I got an email from C'74 saying Max8 was on its way.

https://cycling74.com/products/new-max-version-8

Want to beta test max 8? Get Live 10.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Would love to beta test Max 8. Back when Max 7 went into beta, it was so short before the final release, they broke all my main working patches, I needed almost two years to follow up...;-)
I gave up on Live though, pure Max is my world...

Quite intrigued by Max 8. Any insight from those on Live 10? Now that it’s officially released, one might expect some news updates of some kind.

Will probably never buy a full version of Live, in no small part because Ableton’s priorities don’t align with mine. But rather curious about where Cycling ‘74 could bring things, how independent they’ll remain, if there could be any cutting-edge feature they’ll add to, say, help digital makers augment their setups through Raspberry Pi or Arduino…

Not much info about Max 8 yet.

Live 10's Max For Live is marked as 7.9.x, more like an early alpha, it is pretty much identical to Max 7 in visible functions, had only "under the hood" changes.

Indeed I saw no real change besides a new icon and start screen, and some people in cycling's forum mentioning they couldn't find some old "objects" (kinda like pre-built functions in Max).

[fast edit: I'm not a Max MSP programmer, I just use pre-built stuff and lurk Ableton and cycling forums a bit]

pottering wrote:Not much info about Max 8 yet.

Live 10's Max For Live is marked as 7.9.x, more like an early alpha, it is pretty much identical to Max 7 in visible functions, had only "under the hood" changes.
Yeah, I realised that not long after I'd started the thread, and, till now, I was absolutely positive I'd posted that here. Looks like I didnt, though or maybe it wasnt actually this thread, so Ive confused myself. (Either that or I imagined it, or the illuminati-mafia-papal-templar conspiracy had my post removed because shapechanging lizards)

Released today... ;)

ooh, shiny. mc looks purty interesting.

mc is a huge step forward, I can finally get rid of more than a decade of workarounds, which had never been officially supported (but worked...)

is mc like sse,
or channels packing?
any more insight on it?

MC looks amazing! The various patching improvements like event probing and especially the function to hold shift to directly drop an object onto a patch cable are also amazing! I definitely need the latter in Pure Data\Purr Data now :hihi:

nix808 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:32 pm is mc like sse,
or channels packing?
any more insight on it?
Mc is channels packing. A multicore as patch chord. Also some sort of polyphony for oscilators, filters and even gen~ patches...

that's great,
will get 8

Return to “Modular Synthesis”