[announce] VeeSeeVST Rack VST2 plugin

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VCV Rack

bsp804 wrote:
melodyz wrote:Hi I tried selecting favorites form VCV Rack main and then copying the settings.json file over to the VST version. It did not save favorites.
the VST plugin never saves the favourites but you can copy them over from VCV Rack and that definitely works (I tried). You can find my (current) favourite list in the new release.

Hint: To find the plugin names / model ids for the favourite list, you can either use VCV Rack (then copy "settings.json") or you can instantiate all the modules you want in your list, save the patch as a ".vcv" file, then open it in a text editor and copy the ids from there. Not particularly comfortable but it works.

Hi again

I think I will try the second option.

Works great with Ableton Live 9 so far. Many thanks for all the effort!

Today I installed the Cubase Pro 9.5 Trial version and noticed that the effect plugin audio input was not working at all (audio output, btw, was fine, and the instrument plugin was working as expected, too).

Here's a bug fix update:

Code: Select all

** July 26th, 2018
- fix effect processing in Cubase 9.5.30
veeseevstrack_0_6_1_win64_bin-26Jul2018.7z

Just out of curiosity: Can anyone here tell me how to route MIDI input (notes + CCs) to an effect plugin in Cubase ?

rumba wrote:Works great with Ableton Live 9 so far. Many thanks for all the effort!
Hi i noticed that the "configure" button on the Ableton VST shell does not receive the parameter when is touched on VeeSeeVST. So in Ableton parameter automation doesn't work.

I thought the official VST version was completely out of question. But if as it seems, that's somehow a possiblility, maybe a specific VST version pre-sale fundraising could be much more efficient and inviting for people who basically would only use the VST and are not very likely to buy plugins for the standalone, which they're not as interested in. Time will tell. :pray:

Of course I would also like to thank bsp804 for his work and this thread. :oops:

bsp804 wrote:Today I installed the Cubase Pro 9.5 Trial version and noticed that the effect plugin audio input was not working at all (audio output, btw, was fine, and the instrument plugin was working as expected, too).

Here's a bug fix update:
Thanks!!! I can confirm that now is working fine in StudioOne 3.5, previous versions had the same problem you described about cubase 9 :tu: :tu: :tu:

bsp804 wrote:Just out of curiosity: Can anyone here tell me how to route MIDI input (notes + CCs) to an effect plugin in Cubase ?
From a MIDI track (not instrument track) you should be able to route it to other tracks etc.

Huge thanks to bsp804 for doing this! I have no idea how much effort was involved, but it seems like it must've been insane. Though not as insane in the effort in creating the platform in the first place, so kudos to the VCV people (person?) in the first place!

Questions for bsp804: Is there a reason the instrument dll has two underscores at the end of the file extension? I had to manually rename it, which I wasn't expecting, so that threw me off. Also, an installation TXT file with some instructions would be much appreciated. There was a bit of trial and error in getting this up and running initially. I can be obtuse at times, but I'm pretty good at following written directions (assuming they don't already exist and I just couldn't find them).

Thanks again!

lalo wrote:
rumba wrote:Works great with Ableton Live 9 so far. Many thanks for all the effort!
Hi i noticed that the "configure" button on the Ableton VST shell does not receive the parameter when is touched on VeeSeeVST. So in Ableton parameter automation doesn't work.
Hi, right, but this seems to be the case for other DAWs too at the moment. Automation support would be a great enhancement for sure.

rumba wrote:
lalo wrote:
Hi, right, but this seems to be the case for other DAWs too at the moment. Automation support would be a great enhancement for sure.
Yeah that's true. But in Reaper there is a list of all automatable parameter. In Ableton the only way is to touch te parameter to expose it to the automation system

lalo wrote:
rumba wrote:
lalo wrote:
Yeah that's true. But in Reaper there is a list of all automatable parameter. In Ableton the only way is to touch te parameter to expose it to the automation system
Those not VST parameters in Reaper, they are sliders in a alternative graphic-less UI Reaper can show for plugins instead of the normal GUI, it is not the same thing.

Reaper clearly shows VeeSeeVST doesn't have any VST parameter exposed.

Which is why they don't get exposed on Live, they don't exist (yet?).

pottering wrote:
Those not VST parameters in Reaper, they are sliders in a alternative graphic-less UI Reaper can show for plugins instead of the normal GUI, it is not the same thing.

Reaper clearly shows VeeSeeVST doesn't have any VST parameter exposed.

Which is why they don't get exposed on Live, they don't exist (yet?).
As you can see VST Parameters are perfectly working in Reaper, wich i guess due to the windows managment of Rack base code uses a shell for loading the VST.

https://youtu.be/ct5vtjnYth8

(Sorry for the clicks and glitches but while using VoiceMeeter driver to record the video capture VeeSeeVST is not so happy. No clicks and glitches when using my regular RME VST driver or the Presonus Quantum ASIO on the desktop computer)

OK, I was wrong, sorry. I'm not a Reaper user, I thought it was something different since it needed to click "UI" to see them or record with UI to those to show up.

lalo wrote:Hi i noticed that the "configure" button on the Ableton VST shell does not receive the parameter when is touched on VeeSeeVST. So in Ableton parameter automation doesn't work.
could you please retry with the new release ?
klinik wrote:Thanks!!! I can confirm that now is working fine in StudioOne 3.5, previous versions had the same problem you described about cubase 9 :tu: :tu: :tu:
:) thanks for the feedback !
EvilDragon wrote:From a MIDI track (not instrument track) you should be able to route it to other tracks etc.
nope, that does not work.
Cubase only lets you route MIDI to either a MIDI device or a VSTi but apparently not a VST effect.
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:Is there a reason the instrument dll has two underscores at the end of the file extension? I had to manually rename it, which I wasn't expecting, so that threw me off.
yes, and the reason for that has been explained in this thread a while ago.

To repeat: The GLFW library which Rack uses for window and (mouse / keyboard) input event handling cannot be instantiated more than once (each plugin DLL instantiates it once, regardless of the number of VST instances).

If you try to use both plugins (instr+effect) anyway, you'll crash your daw. That's why I added that warning in big bold letters right next to the download link on the plugin homepage.

...however: this should now be a thing of the past..:

Changelog:

Code: Select all

** August 5th, 2018
- replace GLFW window / input event handling by LGLW library
- window size can now be configured via settings.json "windowSize" property
  • I have now written a replacement library for GLFW called "LGLW", which is more suitable for GL-based (VST-)plugins.
  • The little "dummy" window is gone now
  • Automation should now work in all DAWs
  • The instrument and the effect plugin can now be used in the same DAW project
  • The plugin window size can be configured in "settings.json"
The release has been tested in Reaper, Reason 10, Cubase 9.5, LMMS 1.20, and my own DAW.

If you are using a different DAW (e.g. Ableton Live), it would be very much appreciated if you could test the new release and tell me if it's working there (especially the automation feature).

veeseevstrack_0_6_1_win64_bin-05Aug2018.7z

bsp804 wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:From a MIDI track (not instrument track) you should be able to route it to other tracks etc.
nope, that does not work.
Cubase only lets you route MIDI to either a MIDI device or a VSTi but apparently not a VST effect.
Well that's pretty stupid and limiting. But hey, it's Steinberg. :dog:

Return to “Modular Synthesis”