XSRDO Analogy Official Release

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

And it seems that I have one of them corrupted. This is the same patch that had problems on a previous version.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Strange - when I loaded the pm pad from your zip, I got a totally blank synth - not even an output to DAW.

I need to look into this more deeply.
I wrote that 'Graphic alignment error' message box into the preset load routine. At least now I know what to look for and back track the code until I find the problem. Thanks for posting it.
It's very strange because I don't get any of this on my pc and the code for preset file save/load hasn't changed for a long time.
Erisian wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:17 pm Hi Kirsty

If the Output to DAW module is accidently deleted, is there a way of getting it back without loading another patch? I can't find it in the list.
I'll added an option to insert one in v0.999.1 but really that should never happen.

I reckon I've messed up the file system somehow.
I wrote it in a linear fashion so unfortunately if only 1 byte is incorrect all the data that follows will be out of alignment. My Bad :dog:

Thanks for all your help
Kirsty :)

Notice that the error message comes from loading a patch created with a previous version: 0.998

Updated to v0.999.1

I'm not 100% sure I fixed it yet but this little update might help.
I've added some extra code to hopefully trap and prevent this bug from ever being saved in a patch.
Unfortunately I can't fix a patch from a previous version that has the bug.

Some things I did to this version are...
- Modules dragged off the rack, aka plugin widow, should now go back to where they came from.
- Extra code to trap module graphic miss-alignment.
- Code to prevent saving a patch with bad module alignment.
- A message box to inform of bad data when trying to load a faulty patch.

I'm sorry you guys are having this trouble.
I consider it very bad practice for me to release software in this state, even in a beta version :oops:
I really appreciate all the help you are giving me to fix it.

kirsty roland wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:47 pm
I'm sorry you guys are having this trouble.
I consider it very bad practice for me to release software in this state, even in a beta version :oops:
I really appreciate all the help you are giving me to fix it.

You're doing great Kirsty. It wouldn't have been a problem except for the fact that I had created an init preset with a previous version that I couldn't use with this one. It was easy enough for me to create a new version but it got me thinking "what if...?" Anyway I'm really really pleased with the progress that is being made and I am proud to be a part of it, albeit a small part. :wink:

Don't worry, this is beta freeware. Bugs are a given.

As nobody has reported any more issues in the last week, it looks like that last bug has now been squished.
I'll give it another week or so while I work on some more DSP stuff and then see about releasing v1.0
If anyone finds any more issues in the meantime, please let me know.

Thanks

I had missed that there was an update when reading on mobile.

I tried, but unfortunately the corrupted patch doesn't load. It has another problem too. I selected the biggest GUI as usual, but now Reaper is misreading the Window size, so I cannot see half of the plugin.

EDIT: The white empty space appears after resizing. The initial window size matches the part that is drawn.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by rafa1981 on Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

What am I doing wrong when I do not get any sound of any preset (with 0.999.1)?
when using SAVIHost V142. x64.
All other VSTs I tried (3 or 4 of them) just produce sound with same Audio an Midi settings in SAVIHost... :?
Works okay in Mulab 64 bit though.
Are there any technical reasons, why only 64 bit? :?:
I still prefer to work with good old energyXT, which is 32 bit only.
For this reason I didn't use Analogy for quite some time, but now as it is nearing 1.0 release I thought I give it a try with SAVIHost and there I get no sound.

Hi Rafa
rafa1981 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:38 pm I tried, but unfortunately the corrupted patch doesn't load.
kirsty roland wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:47 pm ...Unfortunately I can't fix a patch from a previous version that has the bug.
rafa1981 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:38 pm It has another problem too. I selected the biggest GUI as usual, but now Reaper is misreading the Window size, so I cannot see half of the plugin.

EDIT: The white empty space appears after resizing. The initial window size matches the part that is drawn.
I've installed Reaper v6.14 x64 and now get this same issue but it didn't happen on my previous version (v6.08 I think :?: ).
Looks like Reapers window resizing is now clashing with Analogy's EDIT: window resizing routine internal window scrolling routine :roll:

Last edited by kirsty roland on Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ZonderP wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:22 pm What am I doing wrong when I do not get any sound of any preset (with 0.999.1)?
All other VSTs I tried (3 or 4 of them) just produce sound with same Audio an Midi settings in SAVIHost... :?
For this reason I didn't use Analogy for quite some time, but now as it is nearing 1.0 release I thought I give it a try with SAVIHost and there I get no sound.
Hi Zonder

Analogy won't work in SaviHost for me either. Maybe because it's nearly 8 years old. I don't know enough about it.
I can't even get synth1 to work on it either.
I don't have any 32bit DAWs anymore so just compile Analogy as 64bit.

kirsty roland wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:22 pm
ZonderP wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:22 pm What am I doing wrong when I do not get any sound of any preset (with 0.999.1)?
Hi Zonder

Analogy won't work in SaviHost for me either. Maybe because it's nearly 8 years old. I don't know enough about it.

Nor in VST Host which is related to Savi Host.

Cool that you can reproduce

kirsty roland wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:22 pm
Hi Zonder

Hi Kirsty!
Hmmm, I don't know - only because it is 8 years old, this doesn't mean it doesn't support VST2.4 correctly. So far it really worked with estimated 98-99% of all VSTs I tried, also newest ones.
At least sound-wise. Some may have problems resp. behave strangely with program switching and the like, because they were not implemented totally along the VST specification.
I have no problem with running Synth1 1.13 beta 3 64 bit with the (64 bit!) version of SaviHost either.
As far as I know, there are quite some people around who test/try out new VSTs with SaviHost first.
If it works there and they like what they hear, they might get their place in their 'official' plugins folder...

I guess I wouldn't be the only one who would appreciate it, if you - at some point - would give a 32 bit compile/link a try ;-)

Thanks you for all your effort with Analogy!
/Patrik

Return to “Modular Synthesis”