Let's talk reaktor 6.4

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Reaktor Reaktor Player

Although blocks is generally for mono usage, here’s a fun tip for using it as a duophonic synth like an arp odyssey:
Put in two note receivers with one set to high note preference and one set to low note preference. Route one to one oscillator and the other to another oscillator for the note and pitch bend. You can have those go trough the same filter or different ones and have single envelope on the low note with legato and you get odyssey like behavior. Now wire up some fm and ring mod and stuff between the two oscs and you get all those gnarly duophonic cross mod tones and the classic behavior where playing one note plays both voices until you play a second note which splits off the second oscillator.

Ive also been experimenting with how to get independent pitch bend for mpe while still having the duophonic playing style above. The closet I could come is having another two note Input devices which are separately responsible for pitch bend and they are set to channels 2 and 3 for example, while the first two are Omni mode and low/high note priority, responsible for note triggering. So the effect is that playing one note only plays both oscillators but pitch bending it only bends osc 1, but then playing a second note splits off the second osc and both can be pitch bend separately. Pretty cool effect. Ideally it would be nice if playing that first note pitch bent both voices but in the other hand this way let’s you have two senate pitch bends in the same note if you use something like a linnstrument.

EvilDragon wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:01 am The workflow with Racks is really fast, I don't know what you're talking about. Nothing bad there. Drop a module, drag wires, play. Not much different than any other modular. Super fun to use.
That's exactly what I think about it - it's extremely fast to build something with Racks, and it's definitely comparable with other software on the market.

I had considered investing in other software for modular, but I like that this allows me to remain within the Native Instruments ecosystem.

gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:20 am
EvilDragon wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:01 am Not much different than any other modular.
Gui wise , reaktor blocks is a few steps beyond .
VCV rack let's you zoom in on every module for fine tuning etc..
More and more developers and choosing vector graphics for a reason
I personally dislike zooming in/out in plugins, to me it's a workflow slowdown.

EvilDragon wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:14 pm
EvilDragon wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:01 am Not much different than any other modular.
Same here. I'd rather have the capability to set the size to something suitable for the display and for that size to 'stick' for every time I subsequently open the plugin.

Forgotten wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:52 pm
EvilDragon wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:14 pm
Same here. I'd rather have the capability to set the size to something suitable for the display and for that size to 'stick' for every time I subsequently open the plugin.
Better to have that all as an option. No must to use.
Some have it all, Reaktor not.

analog sound quality is lacking compared to softube modular

rmm_76 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:41 pm analog sound quality is lacking compared to softube modular
I very much disagree.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Me too. :P

I disagree as well however not that many of the preset racks show of the best analog sounds.

just updated.
geez...it was so much better without that effing mess of cables :D

anyway, for those moving blocks around in folders...for backup reasons etcetera...how do you keep new blocks separated from the old ones? :ud:

Old blocks are supposed to be installed to a separate folder from those used by Racks. :)

Dumb question, I know. Mere curiosity...

have you renamed the old block "Old Blocks"
or...
"Blocked Blocks"?
"Bloke Blocks"?
"C#*t Blocks"?

Sound designer CinningBao giving a demonstration of the BITSHIFTER from the TOYBOX Free Pack and exploring some brokenness!
https://youtu.be/sYFtP7cXvFA

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:21 pm Although blocks is generally for mono usage, here’s a fun tip for using it as a duophonic synth like an arp odyssey:
Put in two note receivers with one set to high note preference and one set to low note preference. Route one to one oscillator and the other to another oscillator for the note and pitch bend. You can have those go trough the same filter or different ones and have single envelope on the low note with legato and you get odyssey like behavior. Now wire up some fm and ring mod and stuff between the two oscs and you get all those gnarly duophonic cross mod tones and the classic behavior where playing one note plays both voices until you play a second note which splits off the second oscillator.
duophony :love:

Does anyone own both the unfiltered Audio EuroReakt and the Toybox Bundle, which is the better value, if you could only buy one, which one would you buy?
I can only afford one...
Thanks in advance.

Return to “Modular Synthesis”