Modular posse: What are the modules in this pic?

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I think it tallies 32 mothers plus dependants

bM3w wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:25 pm
vurt wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:22 pm
bM3w wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:20 pm
Mushy Mushy wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:14 pm Thanks all.

I don't know why I asked TBH. Just more stuff to research, fall in love with, decide it's a must have, before adding it to my shopping cart/wish list :oops:
As long as you know what you're getting into ;) I started my modular last October with a Mother-32, not really knowing what I was going to do with it, but I wanted something Moog. Now 6 month and over $6000 later I'm still not done :o
and how much fun are you having?
Loooooots of fun and the best time of my life since selling my synths back in the early 90s :love:
:tu: exactly! worth every penny!

Mushy Mushy wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:23 pm

I don't know why I asked TBH. Just more stuff to research, fall in love with, decide it's a must have, before adding it to my shopping cart/wish list :oops:
As long as you know what you're getting into ;) I started my modular last October with a Mother-32, not really knowing what I was going to do with it, but I wanted something Moog. Now 6 month and over $6000 later I'm still not done :o
:o

Wow, that's quite a quick accumulation. Like most of us I do like the new shiny thing but I am sensible in that I do like to learn something inside out first. I think I'd be able to keep it under control.

Yeah yeah, that's what they all say :oops:
You CANNOT keep it under control. At least I don't know of anyone with a modular who could :hihi:

vurt wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:26 pm
vurt wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:22 pm

and how much fun are you having?
Loooooots of fun and the best time of my life since selling my synths back in the early 90s :love:
:tu: exactly! worth every penny!
YES! I don't regret it at all :oops:

bM3w wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:26 pm
You CANNOT keep it under control. At least I don't know of anyone with a modular who could :hihi:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

:tu:

Yes... best time, well musically speaking, since way way back...
so happy to be out of the box.. :clown:

toonertik wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:33 pm
:tu:

Yes... best time, well musically speaking, since way way back...
so happy to be out of the box.. :clown:
Not just musically, but I actually learned a lot about synthesis, too. Noodling around with a modular is also very, very liberating.

This is such a dangerously slippery slope. I bought my first Doepfer modules in 1996. I honestly have no clue how much money I’ve fed to the modular beast since then. Many tens of thousands of dollars. On the bright side, I finally recorded a whole song using only modular for the first time last week!
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

deastman wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:46 pm This is such a dangerously slippery slope. I bought my first Doepfer modules in 1996. I honestly have no clue how much money I’ve fed to the modular beast since then. Many tens of thousands of dollars. On the bright side, I finally recorded a whole song using only modular for the first time last week!
One song after 24 years and $hit loads of money isn't bad at all. Congrats :clap:
:lol:

pressing record on a mouse just doesn't compare to the raw, -primal surging thrill of connecting a pitch lead, when deastman recorded this track he was buffeted by a CV wind just to get the record button pushed

Well, when I say that I recorded a whole song, I guess I really mean that I recorded a few tracks which could eventually be turned into a song. I just haven’t gotten around to editing and arranging yet. Maybe in a few years. Although it's more fun to record new material, so maybe I’ll just move on instead. Modular FTW!
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

I hear ya-
I won't have enough years on earth anyway to get into analog modular,
but I bet your mean one is the dog's proverbial

-wish I could sit in to some experiment and back-seat drive

Return to “Modular Synthesis”