Voltage Modular 2 released and offers “one of the finest Juno-106 synth emulations ever created”

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I hadn't bothered much with Voltage Modular as I have VCV, but I have just demoed that 106 emulation and I have to say it is very good indeed :tu:

https://youtu.be/qP9RzNOOKyA
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

VM2 sounds like heaven indeed

I didn't think I would but this as use VCV Rack and Blocks, but after demoing for a while I bought in.

Upgrade from the (currently free) Nitro pack is just 39 quid to 105 modules (Core + Electro Drums) and about 500 pre-sets (pretty good just as a learning tool...) - Highly recommended at this price.

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... ge-Nucleus
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

How does this Juno emulation compare to TAL or Diva juno modules soundwise? Have anyone tested?

And for ARP emulaion, so far I only know that Korg has one. How is the one in this bunde?

Demoed it quickly and still think Roland Cloud is the best 106, but this isn’t bad. Despite the name it isn’t a jump-60 clone, it’s 106, so can’t really compare to Tal or Diva which are distinctly Juno 60.

At 29 dollars it’s tough to not buy it. Plus an arp 2600. Well 2 osc version. But of course you can just double up that module and you have a 4 osc 2 filter arp 2600.

One thing I don’t like is that when you assign parameters to automation parameters it keeps the number in front of the name. So if you name it cutoff, it will say. 1:cutoff. I don’t see why it has to keep the number of the slot it was assigned to.

Also I thought this had mpe expressions no? Can’t find any modules with that. Am I mixing this up with vcv rack or something else maybe?

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:03 pm Also I thought this had mpe expressions no? Can’t find any modules with that. Am I mixing this up with vcv rack or something else maybe?
There is an MPE Module but you have to buy it for $10
https://store.cherryaudio.com/modules/mpe-interface

https://youtu.be/qk6N5Cd3Z6c

Ok good to know thanks!

Does anyone know how long the $29 sale price lasts?

the juno chorus is weird with both choruses on though. There's a weird beating going on. That's not how other juno chorus plugins sound and I don't think the hardware is like that.

I think yesterday was the last day. It's 39$ now.

I know what you mean about the chorus. But I have no idea if the 106 has the same chorus as the 60. At first I was critical if the sound is on the same level and as rich as the other top emulations. For me questions about sound quality are often hard to answer, because I have no idea how the emulated and real 106 sounds. But I think it's worth a buy. It's fun to use as a module in VM and there is nothing bad about the sound quality. I think I like raw sound of uhe Repro alittle bit better, but this may be because I just like the Prophet sound better than the Arp/Juno.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:20 am the juno chorus is weird with both choruses on though. There's a weird beating going on. That's not how other juno chorus plugins sound and I don't think the hardware is like that.
It's because it becomes mono with both on. If you watch the video feature from the dev, they point this out and say it's 'correct'.

I just loaded up the Roland Cloud 106, and interestingly enough, on that one it's not even possible to turn both on at the same time...

mholloway wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:09 am
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:20 am the juno chorus is weird with both choruses on though. There's a weird beating going on. That's not how other juno chorus plugins sound and I don't think the hardware is like that.
It's because it becomes mono with both on. If you watch the video feature from the dev, they point this out and say it's 'correct'.

I just loaded up the Roland Cloud 106, and interestingly enough, on that one it's not even possible to turn both on at the same time...
I thought there was some trick to get both on at the same time on the Roland Cloud version, but having just tried, I can't either. I could have sworn I've done it before but could be wrong. The hardware allowed that so I'd be really surprised if Roland didn't include that ability. The Tal version sounds nothing like that and is quite useful.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:29 am I thought there was some trick to get both on at the same time on the Roland Cloud version, but having just tried, I can't either. I could have sworn I've done it before but could be wrong. The hardware allowed that so I'd be really surprised if Roland didn't include that ability. The Tal version sounds nothing like that and is quite useful.
It would be nice if someone who owns (or owned) an actual Juno 106 or Juno 60 could chime in and tell us how they *actually* behave. I think the emulations have confused us regarding precisely how the originals behaved.

Btw, per the Voltage devs, the DC60 is neither strictly a Juno 60 or a Juno 106 -- it's meant to be a sort of hybrid based on both, fwiw. Same deal with the SynthVoice: it's a hybrid ARP-2600 + Odyssey.

mholloway wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:03 am
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:29 am I thought there was some trick to get both on at the same time on the Roland Cloud version, but having just tried, I can't either. I could have sworn I've done it before but could be wrong. The hardware allowed that so I'd be really surprised if Roland didn't include that ability. The Tal version sounds nothing like that and is quite useful.
It would be nice if someone who owns (or owned) an actual Juno 106 or Juno 60 could chime in and tell us how they *actually* behave. I think the emulations have confused us regarding precisely how the originals behaved.

Btw, per the Voltage devs, the DC60 is neither strictly a Juno 60 or a Juno 106 -- it's meant to be a sort of hybrid based on both, fwiw. Same deal with the SynthVoice: it's a hybrid ARP-2600 + Odyssey.
i didn't know that about the DC60, i thought it was a juno 106..
the synthvoice is indeed a hybrid (own arp 2600 V3 and korg odessey plugin..),

and yes i have the synthvoice bundle..

Return to “Modular Synthesis”