VCV Rack 2

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

coroknight wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:47 pm Yep and every module sounds like trash compared to Softube. But if you have lower standards then that's fine. You do you man.
Now if only anybody would believe you. Nobody does, of course, but you can always hope. For example, all Mutable Instruments modules were developed by the very same developers in both cases. They actually sound the same not only because they do the same thing, but because the code in both cases is directly ported from the hardware modules (that are also digital).

I will indeed "do me", since it apparently means being sensible and a little informed at least.

The subscription things seems odd. I've never actually used vcv rack myself. I still prefer hardware personally.

cnt wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:20 pm Suppressing any forking..its not good for the users nor developers.
Neither is quoting a single source as though they're authoritive.
Quote:

> There used to be VeeSeeVST, another fork of VCV for the VST plugin architecture, but it’s dead: the VCV project asked the author to discontinue the fork in June 2019, to avoid competing with VCV’s commercial offering.

As Ive already said, the VeeSeeVST author says that this request was not the reason there was no further development.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

:lol:

The own license biting you in the butt, who would have thought...

coroknight wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:47 pm Yep and every module sounds like trash compared to Softube. But if you have lower standards then that's fine. You do you man.
Speaking as a guy with over 500hp of hardware Eurorack I was decidedly unimpressed with Softube, but each to their own, FYI the digital MI models in VCV are identical to the eight digital MI hardware modules I own. The very best developers in the Eurorack scene such as MI, Expert Sleepers, Erica and
Instruō to name but a few...This is the real thing...by the hardware developer, for free: https://library.vcvrack.com/?query=&bra ... =&license=
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Will VCV Host be compatible with VCV Rack 2?

I cannot find this info anywhere.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:20 am Will VCV Host be compatible with VCV Rack 2?

Why wouldn't it be? AFAIK all the existing modules will work.

Functional wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:23 am
antic604 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:20 am Will VCV Host be compatible with VCV Rack 2?

Why wouldn't it be? AFAIK all the existing modules will work.
I'm not saying there are any reasons for this to be the case, other than dev decision to somehow prevent it based on technical difficulties. But seeing how Voltage Modular does that and there's multiple VST hosting plugins (Patchwork, DDMF Metaplugin, Elements, etc.) I'd expect this to just work indeed :)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

coroknight wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:47 pm
Functional wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:11 pm
coroknight wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:03 pm My threshold is circuit modeling, because that's what Softube does and it sounds better than any of the other "analog emulation" that I've tried. Do any of the VCV modules do that? Because otherwise VCV is just a fancy VST host in my eyes.
Amazing, so you have explored the sound of about 2500 modules in VCV and arrived to this clearly rational conclusion. Congrats!
Yep and every module sounds like trash compared to Softube.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Do you "really" think anyone will believe you? :roll:
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:02 pm :lol: :lol: :lol:

Do you "really" think anyone will believe you? :roll:
Nah, I was just trolling Functional. I think VCV sounds fine but I do like the sound of Softube.

I thought the point of trolling was to make others look like clowns, not thyself?

coolio
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Functional wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:39 pm I thought the point of trolling was to make others look like clowns, not thyself?
I laughed pretty hard at your analog emulation rant.

coroknight wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:03 pm
Functional wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:56 pm
coroknight wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:16 am
Stan Navi wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:11 pm Softube should think about upgraiding their Modular usability. Because not having VST is what held be back from VCV. And i think with VCV2, Softube will loose a good portion of users.
Why? Just because VCV looks analog doesn't mean shit. Softube actually uses analog emulation.
Lol. "Analog emulation" can mean literally anything from just adding noise hiss to output or some stage to using non-linear DSP.

Which brings us to how ridiculous this statement is: all of that depends on the people who make the plugins themselves. So whatever is your threshold for "analog modeling", you'll find that there's plenty of modules for VCV that will cross this threshold. Or maybe you won't, because you kind of imply here that you don't even know what you're talking about.
My threshold is circuit modeling, because that's what Softube does and it sounds better than any of the other "analog emulation" that I've tried. Do any of the VCV modules do that? Because otherwise VCV is just a fancy VST host in my eyes.
Yes , vult modules amongst others
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfS50tbYQK4
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:25 pm
coroknight wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:03 pm
Functional wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:56 pm
coroknight wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:16 am
Stan Navi wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:11 pm Softube should think about upgraiding their Modular usability. Because not having VST is what held be back from VCV. And i think with VCV2, Softube will loose a good portion of users.
Why? Just because VCV looks analog doesn't mean shit. Softube actually uses analog emulation.
Lol. "Analog emulation" can mean literally anything from just adding noise hiss to output or some stage to using non-linear DSP.

Which brings us to how ridiculous this statement is: all of that depends on the people who make the plugins themselves. So whatever is your threshold for "analog modeling", you'll find that there's plenty of modules for VCV that will cross this threshold. Or maybe you won't, because you kind of imply here that you don't even know what you're talking about.
My threshold is circuit modeling, because that's what Softube does and it sounds better than any of the other "analog emulation" that I've tried. Do any of the VCV modules do that? Because otherwise VCV is just a fancy VST host in my eyes.
Yes , vult modules amongst others
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfS50tbYQK4
Interesting, thanks for the info.

Return to “Modular Synthesis”