MVX - Semimodular synths.

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I wrote about no publicity because the page was uploaded with errors and the "adcode" inserted by the host didn't work...
I'd like to know which were those errors, but the 2nd time I updated the page it was uploaded correctly and the adds returned...

Sorry.

TO: Mistertoast and THK.

Well... sorry for those "massive" synths. I know how and which ones are all of those synths. There's a little explanation at the "Main" section about the series, but of course, it'd need better names than those mentioned.
I'd like to put a for each one, and then I'd change some of their colours if needed, but I need first to receive words like yours.
Thanks to you for talk.

Please, suggest any name to any synth. I've got no "original" preferences, but I'd agree interesting names.

And good news... someone is helping me with the distribution of those little ones.

Maybe soon the page will not show POPUPS.
J-

mvxsynths.galeon.com

Let me correct my own words.

I'd like to put a for each one, and then I'd change some of their colours if needed, but I need first to receive words like yours.

"Id like to put a """NAME"" for each one".

Great! But please name and color one at a time. What your synths really need is some focus. Pick one to focus on for awhile. Choose one to be your "main" synth and we can name it and make pacthes for it.

Finally I've changed the web format...
Take a look... it loads faster, and the "synth" descriptions are also updated... but noth finished..
  • I've said, take a look

I'm awating those collaborations of those ones want to help me to put a "human" name to MVX VM synth...

Javier,

There are more than one ways to go about naming them.

First of all, I'd need to know how YOU distinguish them musically - how YOU think about them, what made you develop one idea and not the other, what were your OBJECTIVES in creating these synths. This, for me, would be great help, since I could suggest names based on those 'images' of function, aesthetic appeal, or sonic spectrum.

Second, if and when you're trying to emulate a hardware synth, you can also play with the name of the original - a variation thereof, a distortion, etc. For instance, a Korg clone could be Morgue, Torque, Borg, koBorg, Gork, etc.

So, please let me know what is the first word in terms of overall character that comes to mind every time you think about one of these models, what about the other, etc.
- Dingo
The higher you soar the smaller you seem to those who cannot fly. - Friedrich Nietzsche
Palestinian Media Watch - Arab-Israeli Conflict

Well...
Good thing to talk about...
All of my synths have been inspired by needs and the pleasure of develop ideas. The original Creature was made two years ago with Sync Modular (the spark that ignited soft-modular synths). It was a "Nord Lead" doubled and very modified.
In fact, the "power" of that first synth was greater than MVM, but occupied a full 1024x768 screen.
What can I say about the variations?
They were created to simplify usage and free the CPU of the original "MVX4" that was the first try of that SynC Modular "Moreno".
That MVX4 was never released, and with MVM it's been really obsolete.
It's obvious that some of them has almost no difference.

Those synths have been developed to satisfy my needs, and I know what does MVX2/MVX3/MVX/MVM/MVMl/MVG/MVF4/MVF2 differs/seems and the easy way to say it is "functionality". Think about cars, why does a Renault Megane have 3/4/5/wagon versions?... it's really easy, there is enough market to create them.

At last, another synth is to be released...and it have its own name:
mvx Stock .

wikter/bJ-

... Uploaded. stock 0.9 is online.
Take a little time to let the server finish its internals... and put it on its cache...
sorry, it weights 600k, not just 500k.

bJ- (a big modular thing is in the oven...)

Now Stock is also at mvxsynths.0catch.com site
wikter

Has anyone preferences/suggestions/ideas about a Synthedit modular stuff specs...
Please, report some to me (avoid big photos... better links).

I know I shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth so to speak but... I really love the sound of your synths, they have a really wonderful character but there are too many of them. I keep downloading each new instance but they are all basically the same. Would it be too much to narrow it down to 2 or 3 different synths? I seem to have 15 or so of them but only a couple have any presets and it takes to long for me to distinguish which is which when I go to use one of them. Just a suggestion as I'd like to use them more, the sounds are awesome. keep up the great work :D

Again I've to say that the idea is to get some synths that almost do the same but with differente modulations capabilities...

The "original ones" are:

MVM, MVX2, MVF2 (the MVF4 is an expansion), Stock and Groth.
The other ones are strictly variations with little features added/subtracted.

And again, Epoxy/Ivory versions are just skinned ones.

...maybe i should tell about that inthe web, i'll try to do soon...
Think about the "synth of the week"...

Thanks at all.
wikter

...a new modular stuff is to come.... would anyone like to "betatest"?
mail me[url=mailto:wikter@jazzfree.com]wikter@jazzfree.com[/url]

The "synth of the week" is a great idea. I downloaded stock and play with it for 20 minutes last night. I got a bass preset I like.

Your synths are nice. But look what your up against--synths with up to 128 presets.

I know you do this for free and for fun, but if you want good feedback, you should have at least 32 good presets built-in to the synth.

Thanks again for your free synths!

Thanks mtoast, it's a real lack to have only 16 slots per bank, but the basic idea is well known, the presets just "help" when you have no idea of what could sound good, and i use to know which sound i want to take of my synths... That's why I need some feedback, because i know these synths very much and can't figure how "normal" musicians understand substractive synthesizers.

Take a look to the web... a new ONE is to be born...

Return to “Modular Synthesis”