How to ignore the updates of a product

Discussions relating to the revamped "My KVR" section here at KVRaudio.com.
BlackWinny
KVRAF
3499 posts since 17 Jun, 2013 from very close to Paris, France

Post Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:01 am

Hello !

:help: What is the way to set the KVR Beta to ignore the updates of a product?

Not of a developer... but of a specific product.

Example:

I'm a user of Sibelius 7.1.3.

Some months ago Avid produced a version 7.5, (and with an extra cost for the users of the previous version so it's not really an update... it's an upgrade). I haven't upgraded and I won't, because I prefer to keep the previous version which fits enough for me.

My version which is set in KVR is the 7.1.3 and Avid has once more just released a version 7.5.1 and so I have permanently the red button at the top right of all my KVR pages without any exception. It is annoying because I would like to totally ignore the updates for some products (this one being an example among others).

With the time passing it will be harder and harder to manage this red button if one has not the ability to ignore the updates of some products since it will be always red!... while it should not when one decides to ignore the updates of certain products.

In any of these pages I find this option to ignore the updates for a specific product: So... How can I do to set KVR Beta to ignore the updates of a specific product?

And if it doesn't exist for the moment, could it be done? For example simply by a new boolean "Ignore updates" on the record structure of the product table in the database...
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

BlackWinny
KVRAF
3499 posts since 17 Jun, 2013 from very close to Paris, France

Re: How to ignore the updates of a product

Post Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:16 am

Is anyone there?
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

sl23
KVRAF
1635 posts since 28 Mar, 2008 from U.K.

Re: How to ignore the updates of a product

Post Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:59 am

(The sound of wind blowing)
(Just then, a lone tumbleweed shoots across the way!)
Live for an ideal and leave no place in the mind for anything else.
- MuLab - SoundCloud -

Return to “My KVR Beta”