anyone using the MY KVR feature?

KVRian
763 posts since 3 Apr, 2013 from Belgium

Post Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:25 am

There is a bunch of plugs that are not in the DB, or version number doesn't match because the dev didn't upload kvr db.

I was using it before the look change. Useful to keep track of your stuff and to be aware of new updates, nice also to have a global vision of all the banks released on KVR for all the products you own.

Sadly it is a little bit boring when you product is not listen, or have no version numbers. One should be able to enter a product in the DB if it is missing I think :)

KVRAF
3205 posts since 16 Jan, 2005 from Ottawa, Ontario

Post Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:31 pm

works great here. izzz whikhid!

KVRAF
1757 posts since 19 May, 2006 from Nomadic (Chicago and San Francisco mostly)

Post Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:10 pm

Davias wrote:There is a bunch of plugs that are not in the DB, or version number doesn't match because the dev didn't upload kvr db.

I was using it before the look change. Useful to keep track of your stuff and to be aware of new updates, nice also to have a global vision of all the banks released on KVR for all the products you own.

Sadly it is a little bit boring when you product is not listen, or have no version numbers. One should be able to enter a product in the DB if it is missing I think :)
Yeah there's a few plugins I have that are newer than the versions listed on KVR or are nonexistant at all. Mostly though, it looks pretty good.
noise and beats: Negutyv Xeiro do people actually click these?
gearlust: Roland JP-8000, too much/not enough eurorack
machinecode by: u-he, Bitwig, Fabfilter, NI, et al

KVRAF
2490 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from Sydney, Australia

Post Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:27 pm

I started to but it doesn't have waves mercury so I couldn't be bothered to add all items manually and stopped it all entirely.

KVRAF
6143 posts since 7 Jan, 2005 from Corporate States of America

Post Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:32 pm

Well I tried, but it's terribly cluttered an non-intuitive. Plus, there's the duplication of every product that's cross platform. A system like this should be simple. It's not even easy to find it or look at it. Overblown and under-useful. Sorry.

Oh, and I see the front page performance has returned to miserable on iPhone.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

KVRist
50 posts since 12 Sep, 2007 from Los Angeles, CA

Post Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:08 pm

I've always come to KVR to read about plugins, sometime within the last year I've started using the MyKVR thing and I think it's awesome. It's a way for me to organize things and see at a glance what I want to buy, what I've bought, what I have that's up to date as well as a quick way to just maneuver through information about plugins that I'm into. I agree with the "advertising repository" comment, but in a positive way, anytime i get an email from KVR about a developer it's usually good news, or at least relevant to some interest of mine. I think the new interface is probably easier for people to use that already know the names of the buttons they are looking for that were in the old MyKVR, maybe a video would be a good idea to post for people to get some use out of the new interface that might be interested in what MyKVR does once they can manipulate it easier. Love MyKVR. Use it on my Android and Laptop.

KVRist

Post Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:10 pm

Davias wrote:I was using it before the look change. Useful to keep track of your stuff and to be aware of new updates, nice also to have a global vision of all the banks released on KVR for all the products you own....One should be able to enter a product in the DB if it is missing I think :)
^ I second all of this ^

KVRist

Post Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:19 pm

Jace-BeOS wrote:Plus, there's the duplication of every product that's cross platform.
You think there's a way to disable this? I find that annoying as well.

KVRAF

Post Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:17 am

dustinbeyette wrote:
Jace-BeOS wrote:Plus, there's the duplication of every product that's cross platform.
Supposedly we can filter by platform, but that's an extra step and isn't persistent. It doesn't help me. I want to see my products list first, and then maybe dig further to see which platforms I have them on (and there are few plugins I bought that aren't cross platform, so this is still totally unnecessary for me).
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

KVRist
212 posts since 1 Jun, 2011

Post Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:49 am

I am.
Would love to see when someone uploads a preset bank for my fav instrument/developer.
http://vospi.com/music
http://soundcloud.com/vospi
more than 1000 followers, licensed on 3 continents.
русский подкаст о звуке: https://vk.com/stereopodcaster

KVRAF
1757 posts since 19 May, 2006 from Nomadic (Chicago and San Francisco mostly)

Post Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:53 am

Jace-BeOS wrote:
dustinbeyette wrote:
Supposedly we can filter by platform, but that's an extra step and isn't persistent. It doesn't help me. I want to see my products list first, and then maybe dig further to see which platforms I have them on (and there are few plugins I bought that aren't cross platform, so this is still totally unnecessary for me).
It's not an extra step, its a single button, and its stays forever once you've done it :)

I read the manual :hihi:
noise and beats: Negutyv Xeiro do people actually click these?
gearlust: Roland JP-8000, too much/not enough eurorack
machinecode by: u-he, Bitwig, Fabfilter, NI, et al

KVRian
724 posts since 24 Mar, 2013 from Amsterdam

Post Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:06 am

How exactly is the database of products created? I miss a lot of VST's, apps and especially hardware.

Is there any chance this will be updated in the near future or maybe add an option so that users can add the missing items themselves?
Win8.1 64x/Live 9/Steinberg UR44/Roland HP 235/Edirol PCR-800/Eastman AC222/Washburn D12/Ch. Les Paul/Behringer BCF2000 & BCR2000/Korg Nanopad 2/Focusrite VRM Box/AT 2020/2xB5/E825s/Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250/Tannoy 502

KVRAF

Post Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:58 am

xybre wrote:
Jace-BeOS wrote:
dustinbeyette wrote:
It's not an extra step, its a single button, and its stays forever once you've done it :)

I read the manual :hihi:
But will that hide one platform from lists only or will it also stop the item count from being doubled?
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

KVRAF

Post Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:22 pm

To answer my own question, yes, it stops the duplication in the item count. Thanks!
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

KVRAF
4015 posts since 6 Nov, 2009

Post Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:18 am

I'm using it now that it lets me finally haha

Return to “My KVR Beta”