Slifty!

Official support for: smartelectronix.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Wow,

Slifty!

I discovered a wonderful, intuitive sampler/sequencer plugin in my Great Folder Clean-up! I have never before made a perfectly usable glitch/microhouse beat this fast, superhigh instant gratification factor 8)

... so the first impression is great, I haven't felt this excited about a plugin in a looong time - almost ready to donate. But before I do hit the Paypal button, I'd like to know if this plugin is still "alive"?

It certainly feels stable and very, very usable. What are your experiences, if you have used Slifty?

anway big up to ioplong, flitchsplifter and plonki are cool as well :tu:

sunny days,

.jon

Well aren't things alive around here :tantrum:

FINE! I'LL TAKE MY HAPPY FEELINGS ELSEWHERE!

...seriously, I'd like to know if any of you use it or have problems, anything. I experienced a superhigh cpu-usage with the delay once, and it refuses to play some samples.

.jon

Back when i used to make more music, and I was using Cubase, I loved Slifty. That probablility per step I loved that, and forward/reverse, great, I loved it all. Then I switched to XT, which I liked so much more than Cubase, but Slifty doesn't work in XT, for some strange reason.
now i don't have time to do anything but check KVR once in a while. . . .
NEW STUFF! for your eyes: www.tomdegroot.com

Great!

I use energyXT as well and Slifty works nicely in it. Or is there another XT?

Take it easy with KVR or you end up with 2720 posts, I've heard that it can happen quite easily :oops:

I really like Slifty too. BUT - found it had some strange anomalies in Orion. I tried to get 'Dunk' (is it?) to confirm if I sent a donation, these problems might be lifted. But I don't recall him responding ever to my question here, so I was leary of throwing money away on it. As I recall, the Global pitch would wind up at -20, and a few other irksome issues. But then again, this was on a old slow 1Ghz lappy at the time. I have a big ass Dell monster now, and maybe things might be better in it? Or, maybe it was Orion at the time as well, and many improvements have been made since...

I might just give her a go again and hope. I don't mind paying for it if it's 99% working. But as it stands, I was only getting about 60-70% reliably out of it before. :(

I've used most of Ioplongs plugs at one time or another ... they're all excellent for making "unusual" sounds and grooves. Great looking GUIs too.
Haven't had any problems in Live so far ... I tend to get the sound i'm after from the plugin, render it, and then work with the audio, rather than running loads of plugs at once.

thanks for reminding me about Slifty :D

Slifty is awesome :love:

i use Slifty alot.
love it
wonder if there will ever be newer, bigger version

Great, thanks for the answers!

Sorry to hear about such issues, Steven, I haven't had those in eXT, I encourage you to try again.

I think that I'll donate, this is simply too close to the intuitive and extended VST groovebox I've always wanted. I wish it had 4 outputs, though.

I'm inspired with samples again, guess I'll spend some time now to find good electronica drumkits.

.jon

I'm afraid there will never be a newer version. ioplong was close to a bug fixed version but he lost the code. (burglary :cry: ). There is a beta (works not in all hosts) version of this version, but its only for donators. Details in the audiomulch mailing list. (search for ioplongs posts there reagarding slifty)
Disclaimer: This post is not meant to insult or attack anyone. All terms that can be considered as patronising, antagonistic, rude or even arrogant and snide are a mere result of my limited abilities of the english language.

Hiya,
Its not quite as bad as Al Magnifico said. I've *not* lost all the code, only what i was working on the 2 or so weeks before the burglary.. so there is hope. I just wasnt very motivated to redo the stuff back then (that was 12.2004/01.2005, btw...looong time ago).
Also, the code is not exactly fun to work on (i should have read a few more pages in that c++ book before writing the thing)...
I do have worked on Slifty since then, but got stuck with some things...I really cant promise if ill ever solve them. But, maybe... :)

Andreas_FX wrote: I do have worked on Slifty since then, but got stuck with some things...I really cant promise if ill ever solve them. But, maybe... :)
thanks for all your excellent plugins, Andreas ... :D i like them very much.

Splonki was my fav.. When Slifty came out I was so busy trying to get FL studio to work like Splonki that I just never payed attention to it.. Cool to revisit tho!

EDIT

Now I remember why I didnt like it. Too many parameters to control.. Why I chose Splonki over Slifty was that fact I could actually use it live with a couple of Midi controller or consoles sliders (I had a fostex at the time)..

Slifty is wondercrrrchssssttsstcchhkkkkkkkkkful!

m
"It dreamed itself along"

.jon wrote:... I wish it had 4 outputs, though.
depending on the host you use, there might be a solution.... :)
email andreas (at) smartelectronix dot com

Return to “Smart Electronix”